Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 22 Rifle Takes World Record Grizzly In 1953 by Bella Twin  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
22 Rifle Takes World Record Grizzly In 1953 by Bella Twin
« on: October 17, 2023, 12:53:25 am »
Some of us have been discussing rabbit dispatching on the Topic: "Dispatching Breeder Rabbits" Started by: The15thMember.. I ran across this article and I'm posting for your pleasure... Notice the size of the Bear hide as opposed to Bella Twin!! Absolutely amazing!!

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/06/bella-twin-the-22-used-to-take-the-1953-world-record-grizzly-and-more/#axzz8GMihRdBu
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: 22 Rifle Takes World Record Grizzly In 1953 by Bella Twin
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 06:32:08 am »
I had one of those special edition magazines on the .22 rimfire.  In one of the articles, Elmer Keith talked about a Canadian Indian guide he know who used a .22 long to kill everything from bear to moose to squirrels.  He believed a .22 long rifle tore up too much meat.  He fed several families by hunting.  Keith watched him kill a full grown moose with a .22 long.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin