Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A simple way you can help the forum  (Read 6817 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
A simple way you can help the forum
« on: February 05, 2014, 12:56:14 pm »
I started using ad revenue with Youtube yesterday, to create additional funding to help pay our forum costs at www.beemaster.com - This is something I should have done a long time ago, but this is as good a time as any now that we near our TENTH year as a International Beekeeping Forum which is family friendly and without any advertizement.

Forum members, many of you have subscribed before, but I'm hoping you will go to my Youtube page and click on any video you see that interests you and give it a thumbs up. I'm hoping you will share with friends and other beekeepers you know to check out the page, click on the videos and Subscribe. Youtube's new rules concerning intellectual rights really does not apply to anyone putting up their own property or content. So all links clicked on, thumbs up and subscriptions help the forum.

For the members on Facebook, you have likely not seen any of my videos, and there are many on beekeeping to view. I hope they are entertaining and educational. The Beekeeping install video has 131 thousand views already, but I'd like to see it grow well beyond that number.

This is a social experiment, a way for members to help with costs of running the forum WITH having to give actual donations in these tough times. Of course, don't let me stop you from donating if you wish, just go to the forum, linked in the box below and on every page in the upper right is a DONATE BUTTON - if you have never visited the forum, I hope you go there to check it out. The forum was there almost 8 years prior to the Facebook Group.

But to help by visiting Youtube will cost nothing to anyone - here is what I'm asking you to do.

1) please go to http://www.youtube.com/user/NJBeemaster and watch my Beekeeping install video and give it a thumbs up.

2) search through the other videos about beekeeping or any that interest you, again clicking on thumbs up.

3) finally and just as important "SUBSCRIBE" to the channel.

I want to see if Youtube is a viable source to add funds to our forum which is fully member sponsored. The big picture is that if a video or page receives a lot of hits, it attracts others to the page and increases both subscriptions and video views.

I am interested at how many members here are willing to help, it isn't hard to do, and it may be a mice source of funding to help the forum as time goes on. Remember, you don't have to watch the whole videos after you click on them, but I hope the beekeeping ones are entertaining and educational - there are many videos there and I hope you get a chance to click on as many as seems interesting to you. But be sure to SUBSCRIBE to the channel and give videos a thumbs up if you like them.

Let's see if a group our size can make a difference in how revenue can aid the forum. If nothing else it is a good experience, because most of you have NOT seen any of my videos before - some may be helpful, but I hope all are entertaining.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: A simple way you can help the forum
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 01:11:56 pm »
did you put this over on the FB site too?  didn't see it, but might have missed it.  great idea.  you do such nice video work anyway.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline matthewstiles

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 01:25:33 pm »
Subscribed

Offline Leather Jim

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 04:33:44 pm »
Done : )

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 11:59:45 am »
Yes Kathy

I added the post there first than tweaked it for here. There's a few educational videos, some fun ones, a bunch of silly ones - but: I made the mistake at one Bud event of uploading all short clips to the public folder instead of the private folder (where you can create a slide show easily before going public) and around 250 members got about 150 email notifications from Youtube that I had new videos available, needless to say, many opted out and unsubscribed.

Now I have 40 video apps in my iPhone and iPad to edit nice stuff. It is time to do a daily video and earn back those subscribers!!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline beeman2009

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 12:00:38 pm »
Done! Thanks for all you do.
All things may be lawful, but not all things are advantageous.

Beeman2009

Offline capt44

• Field Bee
  • If it don't work I'll always think it should have
    • RV BEES
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 12:15:49 am »
Alrat subscribed.
Richard Vardaman (capt44)

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 02:14:36 pm »
+1 and subscribed.

...DOUG
KD4MOJ