Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Secretariat Belmont Stakes 1973 & extended coverage  (Read 3904 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Secretariat Belmont Stakes 1973 & extended coverage
« on: June 10, 2020, 11:04:53 pm »
This has to be, the greatest race I have ever seen! What a race! What a Champion! What a beautifully wonderful horse! What a Blessing to Mankind! Gives me chills every time I watch it!

https://youtu.be/vfCMtaNiMDM
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Secretariat Belmont Stakes 1973 & extended coverage
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 12:07:08 pm »
I couldn't agree more!  I think that "He is moving like a tremendous machine!" is the greatest line in all of sports broadcasting history.  In our house we have a picture of the finish of that race.  It's the definitely the coolest piece of art we own.  Truly amazing!

I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 12:31:35 pm »
I love it Member! So nice to see that piece of ART! Thanks for sharing! We have a bit of the history displayed also! A commutative plate with gold trim featuring "Big Red" and "Ronny".....

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 02:53:01 pm »
I love it Member! So nice to see that piece of ART! Thanks for sharing! We have a bit of the history displayed also! A commutative plate with gold trim featuring "Big Red" and "Ronny".....

That's beautiful.  He was such a gorgeous horse. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 05:39:11 pm »
Belmont Stakes

Named after 19th century renowned banker and horse enthusiast August Belmont, the Belmont Stakes first ran in 1867.

The Belmont Stakes holds position as the third jewel in the Triple Crown series. A blanket of about 700 white carnation flowers is draped over the winning horse in the winner?s circle in addition to presenting the August Belmont Memorial Cup. The race trophy and was originally crafted by Tiffany & Co.

31 lengths, this is the exceptional gap between first and second during the 1973 Belmont Stakes (G1) at Belmont Park which witnessed Secretariat?s legendary performance. The record time of running the 1 and one half mile race in 2:24 still stands.

anything