Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Touche  (Read 1416 times)

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
Touche
« on: February 18, 2020, 03:08:46 am »
A Lexus mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the motor of an LS460 when he spotted a well-known cardiac surgeon in his shop. The surgeon was there waiting for the service manager to come and take a look at his car when the mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey Doc, want to take a look at this?" The cardiac surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to where the mechanic was working. The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, "So Doc, look at this engine. I opened its heart, took the valves out, repaired or replaced anything damaged, and then put everything back in, and when I finished, it worked just like new. So how is it that I make $48,000 a year and you make $1.7M when you and I are doing basically the same work. The cardiac surgeon paused, leaned over and whispered to the mechanic. "Try doing it with the engine running."
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Touche
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 08:52:19 am »
 :cheesy:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 01:02:36 pm »
Ha!  Good one.  :cheesy:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 05:32:40 pm »
 :cheesy:
Neill

Offline tycrnp

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 10:18:50 pm »
LOL!!! :cheesy:

anything