Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New in Central Texas  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Olemartin

• Brood
New in Central Texas
« on: April 18, 2016, 03:54:31 pm »
Hello everyone.

I am totally new to beekeeping.  I was exposed to beekeeping as a child -- a friend in the neighborhood had two hives.  I really enjoyed suiting up and looking at the hives with him and decided that I would have hives of my own someday.  I now have a ranch in the Central Texas hill country, and I am getting started this year.  I have taken a class and read "Beekeeping for Dummies".  I have two hives that will be set up this weekend, and I have two bee packages that I will pick up on 4/30.  The area did not really have a deep freeze this year, and the land is presently covered with wildflowers, so it should be a good place to start new hives.

I have read many threads on this site over the past year.  I very much appreciate all of the hard work that the regular posters do here to help new beekeepers get started.   

John

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: New in Central Texas
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 04:21:11 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline CliveHive

• House Bee
  • One Little Primate - Raging Against the Machine
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 04:56:28 pm »
Hi, John - Welcome!

I am nearly as new as you are - - just getting my first hive up-and-running and having a (mostly) great time doing it. 
You have joined a great forum - - - I've had excellent, patient answers to my newby questions - - -super experience/knowlege base
here. 

I'm down on the coast - - Corpus Christi - - let me know if I can help with anything.

Rick

Offline ldeano

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 05:32:59 pm »
Welcome to the forums!  always glad to see fellow Texans.
PHD in "learned that the hard way" lol

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 09:18:29 am »
Welcome to the forum!   It's amazing how much you can learn here by just reading through the new posts every day. 
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 10:59:35 pm »
Welcome. :happy:

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 12:43:20 pm »
Welcome
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline texanbelchers

• House Bee
    • Mark Belcher
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 07:44:47 pm »
Howdy, you are in for a fun and often confusing ride.  Those gals never read the books or pay attention in classes.   :cheesy:

Update your profile with your location so responses to your questions are better suited.

Offline KeyLargoBees

• Field Bee
    • Pirate Hat Apiary
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 12:01:04 am »
welcome to the Family!!
Jeff Wingate

Changes in Latitudes...Changes in Attitudes....are Florida Keys bees more laid back than the rest of the country...only time will tell!!!
piratehatapiary@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/piratehatapiary