Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How'bout that 2012?  (Read 20508 times)

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: How'bout that 2012?
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 10:59:39 pm »
funny :-) in my post, a** was changed to butt by the powers that be.  somehow this biblical quote doesn't sound right if the same changes are made.  that part of my post was an oblique reference to this passage....not that it matters.....but the change sounds wierd.....and it's late.... :evil:

Which of you shall have an butt or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day? Luke 14:5

Next time Try Donkey, Burro, or Aeshak--the last is Turkish for the same animal. 
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 11:49:42 pm »
...Choke guzel, Brian!
Excuse me for the spelling as I havent been in Turkey for 45 years!
your friend,
john

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2008, 10:36:12 pm »
...Choke guzel, Brian!
Excuse me for the spelling as I havent been in Turkey for 45 years!
your friend,
john

San anamok ban chalasmok?  When and where were you in Turke?  I was in Sinop in 1968-69--Military Intellegence--the oxymoron branch of the Army.  Our post mascot was an Aeshak that had a drinking problem.  Cpl Aeshak loved to guzzel booze right out of the brain bucket.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2008, 11:12:54 pm »
Hey Brian!
 A small world, isnt it?!
 Oh boy,....I was just a kid actually, about about 8 or 9 I suppose. Dad was stationed at Ankara AFB.(Jusmat) He was supply (as he was for his entire 29 year career).
 I used to know Turkish as it was kinda necessary. You know,... how to tell the cab driver to stop or slow down? Duro was my moms favorite word back then! I still know "brother" and "sister" and "hello".The only time I use the few turk words anymore is when I come across a Turkish NATO pilot here at Sheppard AFB. I'll see their flag patch on their shoulder and surprise them with a "Marahaba"!
Its pretty cool for me as It gives me a chance to let a stranger from another land be acknowledged by an American who doesnt think Turks are sub-human.
 It was definitely a great learning experience for me as a kid.
I remember how poor some of the people were. I remember how our"carpeggies"( apartment maintainers) families and others from God knows where used to come to the trash barrels and sort through them for food.
 I got to see The mediteranian sea...Got to see Ephesus and where the virgin Mary lived...I saw king Midas tomb..I saw alot, which I really would appreciate more If I was the age I am now back then.
  Theres a fellow here Ive PM'd a couple of times from Turkey
but I cant remember his name right off. I've got him in my saved PM's though.he has a great blog (I think) but I cant read it....I can look at the pictures tho!!LOL!
 Well, there ya have it!!
 We'll see you around the next corner!
your friend,
john

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 12:24:09 am »
kathyp,

Relax your conscious. You will never be as cold hearted as I am. Yes I help people out when I can. I even once saved a strange dog from a grass fire. But I can not understand the justification or reasoning when three people lose their life trying to rescue one. I have a hard time feeling sorry for all those victims of Katrina. Are we going to feel as bad for the next victims of the next hurricane? You live in the area of hurricanes I would think you would either do all you can to hurricane proof your place or move out of there.

And those fires in California. In case you folks haven't figured it out yet, it is going to happen again next year. I was in California for a while and these people hired me to clean up dead brush in their woods and broken dried up limbs from trees to help protect them from the fires. I just wonder what others do to prepare for the fire next time out there.

I live in tornado alley. If one happens to hit my house you will not hear me Boo-Hooing about all the junk I lost that can't be replaced. (I'm not a materialist) And I don't wait for some government agency to tell me when to get out of the way.

I'm gonna shut up now....
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 05:08:24 pm »
katrina cause a lot of bleeding hearts to clot right up!

i must say that most of the people down there did get back at it.  unfortunately, it was those who didn't, that got all the press.  guess whining made a better story.  i will also tell you that in all my travels, which have included some real hell holes around the world, i have never seen anything like the coast of Mississippi.  it was worse than a war zone. New Orleans with no people in it was like something out of one of those post apocalypse movies.  trash, dogs, no people, silence....creapy!

anyway....we got of subject and that was kind of my fault.  maybe the aftermath of Katrina was a glimpse of what 2012 might look like??  :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 07:40:20 pm »
Kathy:

You mentioned a good point that JUST ISN'T brought up enough - is there a natural selection in this weening of creatures on our planet. My big point is CAN EARTH SUSTAIN 7 BILLION PEOPLE or will it start a plague that will kill off as many people as needed, as may have happened many time before.

I think Earth as a living organism and one that has an ability to do whatever is needed to save itself from distruction, whether from man-made or natural and cyclical events

I want to admit that I would NEVER give a penny to a "Feed the world" organization that doesn't have a BIRTH PREVENTION MODEL to go with feeding them. Offer birth Contril, mandate it to 3rd World Baby Popper-outters and get the populations under control, maybe you'd actually have enough food then to go around.

Birth Control before MREs or 9 months later you'll have double the mouths to feed.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 07:49:10 pm »
Beemaster,

I was saying something to my wife just the other day about one of those commercials to help feed the starving. I was wondering if this was to feed the hungry children of the hungry children we were feeding back when I was a kid.

And the wheels go round in circles....
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 09:34:07 pm »
Boy oh boy!
 Its easy to see things sometimes. Sometimes its impossible to see things even if they're on the end of your nose,
 Starving people are starving people.. Kids, grown-ups,.whatever, Someone has to feed them..It wasnt long ago that WE fed China...Now, Chinas' feeding us!!(For whatever reason) Keep in mind very little tax dollars are spent feeding the world compared to what churches and other similar groups spend. As a matter of fact I just sponsored a child last week. The guy I work with whined about me doing this because i was just feeding a" future suicide bomber!"
 There are people created by God(if you believe in one) to care for people.
Theres people who are created to help animals. Theres people who have dedicated there lives TRYING to save the environment. Some people were created to be warriors and be able to kill people without a guilty conscience(I'm not talking murder)These people are soldiers. Then theres people who complain about people who do the things listed above, for whatever reason.
 I've been lucky enough recently to try to imagine myself in other peoples shoes. There was a time I respected animals more than people. I realize now that God(if you believe in one) wants me to care for people. If I had it all over to do again I think I'd a gone into the medical profession.
 Anyways, theres all kinds of people,...Black, White, Asian, Red, Gay, mentally disabled, poor and rich...Just ALL kinds!
 I never comprehended the term"In their shoes" till recently.
You just dont really know why people are hungry. You can ASSUME why. You dont know why people who lose all their stuff in a fire or flood react how they do. You THINK you know why they react the way they do but how do you know for sure?
 We (the world) are a conglomeration of all kinds of people who are QUICK to tell you the problems, but VACANT when it comes to true solutions. I mean, I do this ALL the time but I'm TRYING to be a better person. I TRY to keep my negative opinions to myself.
 What it comes down to is...Treat other people as you want to be treated... Be nice to animals and the environment...Not as easy as it sounds...Everybody makes mistakes they will have to answer for sooner or later...
 Hey,....just maybe,...2012 will be all about this love and care thing!
Who knows? Maybe we'll all just drop dead and be done with it.
 In the meantime, as Dante wrote.."I'll just tend my own garden" or something to that effect.
  yalls friend,
john

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 10:21:03 pm »
yee yee, listen all the people of the obese world, special offer, feed one now, and you'll be able to feed 10 more in the coming years

this is what they're basically saying, apart from missing the last part.
i agree with John, although it's hard to admit, but these people simply can't prosper, not in those conditions, even if you feed them, they'll simply make more hungry children.
this is a very cruel sentence but, there simply is no room for many of them, and their natural urge to reproduce is driving them into deeper despair.
we sure can't feed them, but DON'T call it "solving a problem" because it's not, it's actually making things worse. many say war will be humanity's undoing, i disagree, our urge to reproduce and spread will be our undoing, it's already showing in vast parts of earth. we've hit the earths threshold and it's wavering, though year 2012 might be the year, i think it'll take a decade at least.

human is the single most selfish being, as we have to be to survive in such cruel world. not that animals are any better. though people like to think they're saving someone, they're not. when it comes to real life and death decisions, EVERYONE would prefer to see the man standing beside dead, and himself alive. basically, it's common sense, now isn't it? the only living thing a man or woman is willing to sacrifice his life is offspring, but then again, offspring is us, in a way, so it's just a very big price to pay, so "we live on".
there was only ONE person that i know of, in the whole history of humanity, that was willing to give his life for others. while there are countless psychologist figuring out human mind, Church has laid the foundations to it all some 1500 years ago, written in a book.
again, there's an issue, he wasn't really a human, hell some even doubt his existence. while i question, did he do it for fame and glory? it's been almost 2000 years, and people still talk about it, even Hitler will be forgotten sooner than that.

much projections are written in the book to which i gave a link in my previous post, John from your writing it seems that they might interest you. oh, and i think 7 billion is just the sustainable amount, although with much different life styles-it's all in the book. but we won't reach 7 billion, AIDS and other plagues will start taking the toll from checkpoints they're building this moment

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2008, 11:10:00 pm »
sometimes what seems to be the right/loving thing to do is in fact the wrong thing to be doing. Hate to see your kid in trouble with the law so buy the best lawyers and get him/her off. He/she does it again and again knowing the parents are going to get him/her out.

Wrong thing to do.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach the man to fish and he will eat everyday. Or teach them to grow crops or take care of livestock or move to land that can sustain them. Or we can ship them food now and their children later and their grand kids later until there is just too many to sustain with what we can send and then you've got masses dying off. It is easy to throw words like God and love and Christianity around, but are we really doing them a favor buy feeding them now? So what is better? A few hundred die now or many thousands die later?

By the way. Yes I have lost everything and started over many times without calling on the aid of anyone. How do you think I got to the point of not caring about material things?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 11:06:19 am by Jerrymac »

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2008, 08:25:33 am »
I agree with Beemaster, Kathyp, and Jerry's trend of thinking. I used to be the type that would give that buck to the guy on the street, but ya know, a lot of them just go and buy beer with the money you give them. Again, I do believe in helping out, but to those who will help themselves, who want to make a concerted effort.

About giving to those overseas, etc... How about putting your money here, in your own community, but I want to KNOW where my hard earned money is going. There are MANY out there who want to take your money to fullfill their own selfish needs, be carefull what you do with your money.

I worked for a guy who was a fundraiser yrs ago. A great guy, and family man so it seemed. The day after the funddrive for MAD ended the guy opened up an account for MAD, mothers against dangerous drugs, which didn't exist. He collected $60,000.00 before he was caught and put in jail.

As for the issue with kids, I believe we have a responsibility to this earth and our fellow man, at this day and age, not to have too many. How many is too many? I don't have that answer, and we are still allowed in the US to have as many as we want to, but the day is coming where there will be a limit, like in China. This planet earth can only support so many people, hell its not supporting all of the people now, we are way beyond its carrying capacity, have been for more than twenty yrs now. As the late Sam Kinison said, why have people where there ain't any food? Where you can't grow any food?

Teach those in need to fish, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2008, 12:27:13 pm »
Thanks for those agreeing, I really believe that FIRST in order is world population in starving and war ridden countries where PEOPLE out number guns 10,000 to 1. We are allowing genocide and killing fields for people to get born into.

I'm not even talking about any permanent birth control - some NORPLANT thing that you inject intot the arm and it keeps you safe from having children for up to five years and REMOVABLE at any time.

If no one else is doing this kind of thinking, it is a great crusade to start up (just mention Beemaster.com in your credits - lol.) but for real - I'll add to thoughts.

We can't affort to feed the world (barely the combined wealth of the riches people in the world can not feed the world) so since we can't feed it all, so we settle for feeding those we can - now which HUMANS are more worth saving than others? That is one delema I want nothing to do with.

The second thought is (even in an international forum where customs are very different) I believe that the blessing to say I have enough money to help somebody is a wonderful thing - but I add to that charity needs to start in you own home, than your friends and then others. Keeping that bonus you got this year and buy your son that "Cooler version of a electronic gadget" and actually spend it getting him what he WANTS just not something you think is close enough to make im happy, buy your son the one gift he wants and be the best day for doing so - he'll feel great and so will you.

Enough said except: Few of you replied about EARTH cleansing herself if we  create an UNSUSTAINABLE environment, too many people vs. not enough trees to make oxygen. In that scenario, Earth would surely not kill TREES. people would be dwindled down to a SAFE RESTART POINT and we'd get another shot at doing it right? Only a lot less population. I seriously believe the NEXT plague will kill half the worlds population, it may NOT be prophetic elsewhere, but I believe it will be that massive - and the only way Earth can save herself.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2008, 12:41:54 pm »
Few of you replied about EARTH cleansing herself if we  create an UNSUSTAINABLE eniroment, too many peope vs. not enough trees to make oxygen. In that scenario, Earth would surely not kill TREES. people would be dwindled down to a SAFE RESTART POINT and we'd get another shot at doing it right? Only a lot less population. I seriously believe the NEXT plague will kill half the worlds population, it may NOT be profetic elsewhere, but I believe it will be that massive - and the only way Earth can save herself.

I don't think it was put the way you put it but yes it has been said. All of nature is a balancing act. If you get too many predators and not enough prey then they die of hunger or feed off each other and lessen the number, giving the prey a chance to rebuild numbers. When there is plenty of prey then there will be a sudden surge in the number of predators being born.

If indeed it is the humans causing global warming, (I still lean towards a normal cyclic climate change) then there are too many humans for the air to sustain them or for the earth to feed them.

There is always going to be new diseases popping up. Even now we have a few super bugs that are hard to control and cure. 

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2008, 01:37:42 pm »
I too Jerry truly believe GLOBAL WARMING is reaal and I believe it to be cyclical - although I don't doubt for a second that man has contributed to the problem. I just wonder how long the cycles come apart, but MORE IMPORTANTLY how long do they last.

I imagine every planet had cyclical issue throughout the Universe (come on now - it would be sad if we don't have tens of millions of planets with lesser, equal or superior life. I sure hope it is that way, and wouldn't it be cool if on a billion planets the people had regious bliefs all based on Gods love for that planet's people - as he has for us.

I'm not scared to think that the Bible is ONE of Gods many "Instruction Manuals" and throughout the Universe, God did similar wonders for each planet's needs. If a God created the Universe and he chose to allow man religious books for people to follow, then I lean toward a God who believes in peace and Love and not one of hate and destruction.

I don't mind an ALMIGHTY GOD that can juggle the needs of a billion planets, I would actuall welcome such a knowledge - I think a  God should blow you away and impress the crap put of you. You know "Like seeing Criss Angle TIMES infinity!"

If it was a Kind and glorious God that has to SMYTH 4 billion people or a planet cleansing itself so that it may survive, either one sounds miracle to me.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2008, 09:18:30 pm »
This is the way I see it:

True charity is to profide sustence while a person learns to become self-sustaining--a la, the teach a man to fish.  Once they are self-sustaining they begin to feed or teach others with the same aim--to make them self-sustaining.  Doing one, without the other, is neither true charity or even kind, it is just prolonging the misery.  If a person refuses to work at bettering themselves their end is on their own head.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2008, 09:47:03 pm »
 Hey guys!
  Isnt it great to be able to express your ideas and opinions  and not have to keep peeping out your window to see if someones coming to you house to "Change your mind for you"?
 This IS a great forum .!
 Good work John Beemaster!!
your friend,
John

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2008, 08:01:10 pm »
Y2K38 The 2038 crash issue.
Computers have CPUs that have a built in time table. That time table is based on a computer langauage called C. CPUs need a start and finish date for their time tables. And in the early stages of C the start date was made to be Jan 1, 1970. That date to a computer equals 0.
The time table had an end date. That end date is January 19, 2038 03:14:07 UTC. After that the time table starts returning a negative integer. This will cause programs to crash.

It's not impossible to fix. It isn't really that hard. The problem is no one is bothering because it is so far down the line. Also no is really sure how many 32 bit operating systems will still be around by them. Most 64 bit systems are not affected by this bug.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

anything