Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Today I Made  (Read 21524 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Today I Made
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2024, 03:18:31 am »
I started putting together the first stages of the trap. I decided to go with 7 escapes I order to make stapling a bit easier. The base of the trap will have bee space included. End grain of plywood will be set into a trench or a rebate where possible. I can?t really attempt anything else until my pollen trap strips arrive so that spacing can be calculated. The size of the pollen drawer will be determined after the bottom mesh layer is installed. Components are only screwed together at this stage.

Les do you have this build on your YouTube channel?
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2024, 06:32:21 am »
Hi Phillip

No I don?t. Over the winter I may put up a few bee related videos when I have more time. This may be one of them. I?m also thinking of a few videos related to turned wooden lids and some of the engraving projects that I have experimented with. Preparation for markets, fishing and prospecting burn up quite a bit of time.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2024, 08:51:05 am »
Thanks Les, I look forward to more of your videos..

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2024, 01:50:33 am »
I have been using the laser engraver for a few months now and finally got round to making a work bench to hold it. Just got tired of setting up a fold out table and connecting up all the cables every time it needed to be used. Decided that it had to be dust proof as it would live in the workshop. The dust cover/ extraction unit protects the engraver and all other components live in the cupboard below the unit. The table is on casters and a slide out laptop shelf solves all storage issues. Just completed a test run on a series of turned lids that needed a bee image engraved into the surface. Everything worked as it should and will now save time in the long run.

anything