Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New to this site from South Carolina  (Read 2218 times)

Offline beekybuzzard

• New Bee
New to this site from South Carolina
« on: February 24, 2008, 10:55:10 pm »
Just joined this group and hope to learn as much as possible. I am 41 and just now in the 4th week of the South Carolina Beekeepers Association certification class. I  have been interested in beekeeping for a few years now and have read as much as I could find and then found out that a friend I met at church is the local president of the beekeepers assoc. and decided it was time to join in. I figured as many times as I have been stung by hornets, wasps, yellow jackets and everything else I might as well give the honeybees a shot at me too. I have a small 33 acre farm where I raise hogs and chickens, have about a half acre garden, and now will be getting my first 2 hives in about 4 more weeks. Some of my questions may seem simple but you've got to start somewhere. Have a Blessed Day.   
With the help of the Lord I hope to be a good and faithful Shepard to all that He allows me to attend.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
Re: New to this site from South Carolina
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 11:30:55 pm »
Welcome to the forums beeky!!
I think you'll like it here!
 When it comes to bee questions...."Ask, and ye shall receive".....I dont know WHAT you'll receive but you'll get some kind of answers :)
 You can spend HOURS in here reading questions and answers and have a really good time! For me, I dont ask too many questions as other people here ask the same questions I have anyways. I'm just fixing to enter my 2nd year of bees this April and most the stuff i know about bees came from here and the other Beemaster areas.
 You'll make some good friends here too!
 Theres even people who get to meet each other when one or the other is passing through on a vacation or work trip sometimes! They post pics of these occasions too!
  Well, enjoy the bee world..We all do!
your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 03:41:15 am »
Welcome! Hard to add to John's post, he kinda hit it right on the head. You will learn about bees and other things here and make new friends along the way. Thought I'd mention a couple of links for you also. Scott offers these sites and is from your neck of the woods. http://www.swarmremoval.com/index.htm and http://www.honeybee-removal.com/index.htm

.....JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 10:09:36 am »
Beekybuzzard.  Welcome to our forum!!!  Good that you are taking that beekeeping course, that will give you excellent knowledge.  Lean on this forum too, like you are and will be doing.  We have beekeepers that have kept bees for most of their life, all along to new beekeepers that are not even keeping bees yet, but will soon.  Once that spell of the honeybee takes effect, there is no turning back.  You will find that out in very short order.  You have a lovely farm that you are working, wonderful.   You will have experiences you can share about your farm critters too.  Welcome, enjoy our friendly family forum, we are all here to help each other other, to become the best keepers of the bees.  Ask all your questions, you will surely get wonderful answers.  Have a wonderful and awesome day, we all be lovin' this life we live. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beekybuzzard

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 04:15:27 pm »
Thanks for the welcome, I'll be nosing around the forum for a while at first to kind of get my feet wet here and figure out how it all works before I ask too many dummy questions, but it's good to know the experience is here to tap in to.
With the help of the Lord I hope to be a good and faithful Shepard to all that He allows me to attend.