Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi From Northeast Tennessee  (Read 2372 times)

Offline swimmingjim

• Brood
Hi From Northeast Tennessee
« on: February 24, 2008, 09:44:46 pm »
I have been thinking about keeping bees, ever since my doctor recommended that I use local honey to help treat my allergies. I have been looking for a way to learn as much as I can and have found a wealth of information here on the internet. I am still hoping though, to meet someone near where I live to be a mentor to me.

Thanks for making this forum open for beginners, a great idea to share the knowledge.
Jim

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Hi From Northeast Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 10:44:45 pm »
welcome to the forums Jim. We had you on ventrilo for a few moments and hope you come back. Here is a list of some members in your state but you can look at the list in the membership map.
TN Tennessee  (33)
   Farmlady: East Tennessee
   cjsscreen: Springfield TN
   Danny: West Tennessee
   campfirefan: Milan, TN
   beebiz: McKenzie, TN
   lively Bees: East Tennessee
   Don: Treadway,Tennessee
   ronbert: Eads, Tennessee
   bobby: Eagleville Tn.
   banjojohn: East Tennessee
   Davzbeez: Brush Creek, Tennessee
   Rod: westport,TN
   batjeffers: Oneida TN
   JWW: Upper East Tennessee
   pstock44: Eastern Tennessee
   BeeAttitude: Northeast Tennessee
   Brian Sisson: Memphis, Tn.
   MicahNH: Tennessee
   JKJ: East Tennessee
   The Whale: Nashville, Tennessee
   Rob S.: Memphis TN  USA
   teebo: south pittsburg,Tn.
   Southern Drone: Crossville, Tennessee
   Captain Beyond: Lebanon, Tennessee
   hilltop hives: Signal Mountain, TN
   deantn: Treadway,TN.
   tennesseebeeman: east tennessee
   Fish: Nashville, Tennessee
   Remy: East Tennessee
   customfret: Sparta, Tennessee
   earthelph: SW Tennessee
   Kimbrell: Middle Tennessee
   NuclearSymphony: East Tennessee

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 03:45:35 am »
Welcome Jim! you will like it here. I may have caught you on ventrillo that day, are you the guy that joined and entered ventrillo all on the same day? Good to see you here, have a great one.

.....JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 08:05:06 am »
I have been looking for a way to learn as much as I can and have found a wealth of information here on the internet. I am still hoping though, to meet someone near where I live to be a mentor to me.
Hello and Welcome!

This is a great forum for asking questions and benefiting from the knowledge of experienced beekeepers. However, nothing can beat having a mentor who can go thru hives with you and point things out. To that end, I encourage you to get involved with a local beekeeping group:
http://www.tnbeekeepers.org/locals.htm

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 10:12:34 am »
Swimmingjim.  What an interesting name.  How'd you chose that?  Tell us in forum that tells about ourselves, hee, hee.  So, welcome to our forum, you will find the more time you spend here the more time you will want to spend here.  I speak of the spell of the honeybee, that is not a lie.  When you begin to keep bees, you will see what I mean, we all are addicts to this world of apiculture.  This will be a place where you can spend wonderful and quality time, you will learn lots, ask your questions, all questions get wonderful answers, and most of all, have a wonderful and awesome day, love this life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service