Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from SE Nebraska  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Roehm

• Brood
Greetings from SE Nebraska
« on: February 21, 2008, 08:45:40 pm »
Hello everyone,

My name is Dan, I live in Lincoln, NE. I am currently taking a course throught the University of Nebraska for beekeepinga, which is taught by Dr. Marrion Ellis. I decided to take the class because of a recommendation from my friend and because of that I now what to venture into practical beekeeping. I am going to wait until the class is over before I start(maybe  :evil:) preparing my hives other resources. My wife is going to accompany me in my beekeeping exploits and later on maybe a friend. I am looking to start small and then maybe move into selling honey and other products later on down the road as a side job. I am also going to be majoring in entomology so its really a win win situation. I look forward to hanging around here and learning all I can as long as you all don't mine  :-D.

Peace,
Dan

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Greetings from SE Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 12:23:41 am »
Welcome aboard Dan, We are glad that you found this place and calling it home. I believe Michale Bush is in your area and think you should try to meet up with him. learning from an experienced beek is always a good thing.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 01:33:55 am »
You definitely need to meet with Michael Bush. He is a top expert here on this forum and has different and interesting ways of doing beekeeping that have been very successful. I am following his advice now and trying to regress my bees to make small cells to rid my hives of mites. You are actually very lucky to live so close by to him.

Good luck and ask any questions you like. We are here to help

Annette from Placerville California

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 10:18:36 am »
Dan, welcome to our forum.  Yep, you have found a great place to expand your learning.  Awesome that you are taking a beekeeping course with Dr.  Marrion Ellis, hear nothing but good things f this person.  And you are going to study entomology.  Bees, insects and birds all go together, hand in hand, as does the beauties of horticulture.  You are a lucky person to be studying about insects and such.  Yeah!!!! 

Ask any questions you want, lurk around here as much as you want, read, read and learn and learn.  That is the beauty of life, we have that capacity within, we just need to bring it to the surface, lovely.  Beautiful that your Wife shares this interest, you will make a great team.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, love our life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service