Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The total ignorance of those wanting gun control  (Read 5191 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: The total ignorance of those wanting gun control
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 01:28:52 pm »
I get Delta stuff on my FB page.  There is no left wing thing they do not embrace.  To bad.  Thier customer service has improved to the point I was willing to fly them again, but they are back on the No Fly list with United.  They can do as they please with their business, but consumers have choices too.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 03:51:54 pm »
I didn't know there was an NRA discount.  I would have used it.  Now that they canceled it,  I will think about other airlines more...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 10:59:13 pm »
I will not be flying on Delta.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Spur9

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 09:20:09 am »
Lifelock's (identity protection) parent company is Symantec.  Symantec discontinued NRA discounts for their McAffee antivirus software.

I called Lifelock last week and cancelled my entire family's membership.  Annually about $2,000 to their pocketbook.

Then I went to the NRA site and signed my kids up as junior life members.  Upgraded my wife to life member.

Have instructed my IT department to cancel our corporate McAffe license immediately.  Not close to the $50 million Delta debacle, but it's several thousand dollars they are losing.
7a - 1650ft

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 11:07:47 am »
Symantec discontinued NRA discounts for their McAffee antivirus software.

I did not know that.  I can't cancel ours because it's what the military wants us to use. 

I am hearing a lot of these NRA stories.  Even people who don't own guns have joined!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Spur9

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 04:45:53 pm »
FedEx CEO said it best:

"FedEx is a common carrier under Federal law and therefore does not and will not deny service or discriminate against any legal entity regardless of their policy positions or political views.  FedEx has never set or changed rates for any of our millions of customers around the world in response to their politics, beliefs or positions on issues."

7a - 1650ft

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 05:36:06 pm »
FedEx CEO said it best:

"FedEx is a common carrier under Federal law and therefore does not and will not deny service or discriminate against any legal entity regardless of their policy positions or political views.

Do you understand what that means?  It means they are neutral.  You are not.  It is never a good idea for a business to take sides in politics.  Sometimes it backfires.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Spur9

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 09:58:13 am »
7a - 1650ft

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 01:07:08 pm »
Heres the kind of story that does not grab  a lot of attention. Bet Moms glad she had the gun.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/05/us/dallas-mom-shoots-carjacker/index.html

Gun owners stopping the bad guys don't get attention. Which is just as well, but there are two sides to every issue and our MSM give very little press to those lawfully exercising their second amendment right to keep and bear arms as a personal defense mechanism.

Offline Bushpilot

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 02:03:17 am »
Even Dollar General is joining the fun  :wink:

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2018/03/ostrich_dollar_general_not_sur.html
From the above-referenced article, "This is a work of satire."

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2018, 01:03:20 am »
Delta used to be a great airline, but the last time my wife and I flew on Delta, it was a disgrace.  They held us at the gate for hours, starting about 6:30 pm, repeatedly saying the flight was delayed.  At 11:30 pm they said the flight was cancelled.  They authorized us for a sleazy hotel near the airport that had no remaining rooms.  We returned home, 20 miles away, and returned at 6:30 am the next day to try to get on a flight. The airline personnel seemed to have no concern for the inconvenience caused by this.  The weather was good and there did not appear to be any kind of problem with the airplane.  There was never an explanation for this foul-up.  It was just a high-handed take-it-leave-it way of dealing with the flying public.  Delta used to be a great airline, but I think it has slipped to the bottom.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 03:54:34 pm »
>Delta used to be a great airline, but I think it has slipped to the bottom.

Unfortunately the rest have also slipped.  I agree it's not as good as it once was, but neither are any of the others...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 01:36:46 am »
Delta used to be a great airline, but I think it has slipped to the bottom.

I think United still holds that slot.  My last couple of flights with Delta were pretty good and the people were good.  My problem with them is that there is no leftist position they do not support.  Just fly the darn plane to where I want to go and be close to on time.  Leave the politics somewhere else. 

Offline Live Oak

• House Bee
    • Tractor Farm and Family
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2018, 12:40:36 pm »
No loss really.  As a long time Benefactor Life Member of the NRA I can say this with a considerable degree of authenticity.  I have watched as the NRA repeatedly stab its members in the back as well as undermine them and gets in line to support gun legislation and various Progressive Marxist (aka Democrat & "moderate republican") gun control measures when they know and the membership knows that ALL gun control legislation is unlawful, immoral, and unconstitutional (at least when the United States Constitution was adhered to).  NRA no longer stands for the National Rifle Association............the new, proper, and accurate meaning is "Negotiating Rights Away" which is EXACTLY what the idiots at the NRA do to firearms owners everywhere. 

As a matter of consistency and integrity, I avoid using FEDEX whenever possible and always have because they tear up and destroy packages at an alarming rate as compared to UPS. 

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2018, 03:02:50 pm »
"Negotiating Rights Away" which is EXACTLY what the idiots at the NRA do to firearms owners everywhere.

While I agree and know there is no other Bill of Rights issue for which the people would accept incremental restrictions, I believe in this case the problem is more with SCOTUS rulings.  Because the court has ruled that states have latitude in how they handle gun ownership, there isn't much that can be done.  Where we can resist is at the federal level.  Constitutionally the federal government should be very limited in what they can do and that would include things like "universal background checks".

Offline Live Oak

• House Bee
    • Tractor Farm and Family
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2018, 11:44:28 am »
That is where the devil is in the details.  These progressive Marxist/Communist Democrats can pass any laws they want.............now they have to enforce it.  That is where the devil comes in on those details. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminiter/2015/06/24/nearly-one-million-new-yorkers-didnt-register-their-assault-weapons/#564d666b702f

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/17491-connecticut-gun-owners-fail-to-register-officials-push-amnesty

https://www.courant.com/business/hc-xpm-2014-02-10-hc-haar-gun-registration-felons-20140210-story.html

When a legislature undertakes to proscribe the exercise of a citizen's constitutional right to free speech, it acts lawlessly; and the citizen can take matters in his own hands and proceed on the basis that such a law is no law at all.
William O. Douglas former Supreme Court Justice  (the longest serving and wisest SCOTUS justice to serve in the history of the Supreme Court.

The above was quoted in reference to the 1st Amendment but most certainly applies the same to the 2nd amendment which is essential to the survival of all the other amendments when we actually had a Constitution.   

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2018, 12:01:34 pm »
now they have to enforce it.

yes.  a number of states have turned otherwise law-abiding citizens into criminals. 

This is not a problem for society, but it is a problem for the otherwise law-abiding citizen.  They can not maintain proficiency with that weapon because they can't use it where anyone can see them.  If they use the weapon for self-defense, they will be charged as criminals for having the weapon in their possession.

So, while it is true that people are engaged in civil disobedience when it comes to registration of weapons, the laws have the intended effect one way or another. 

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2018, 10:57:25 am »
Lifelock's (identity protection) parent company is Symantec.  Symantec discontinued NRA discounts for their McAffee antivirus software.

I called Lifelock last week and cancelled my entire family's membership.  Annually about $2,000 to their pocketbook.

Then I went to the NRA site and signed my kids up as junior life members.  Upgraded my wife to life member.

Have instructed my IT department to cancel our corporate McAffe license immediately.  Not close to the $50 million Delta debacle, but it's several thousand dollars they are losing.

One viable option is IDShield, a product of LegalShield.   I use it, and it's been a good service.  Time to renew for me, and I shall.
In addition, LegalShield offers gun owner legal insurance that will cover you in the event that you have to use a firearm in self defense.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

anything