Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Print spooler error  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Print spooler error
« on: October 01, 2010, 10:38:37 pm »
So now I have the church's computer, Dell E521 windows XP. The computer came with a Lexmark printer. The church got a new printer, Hp D1660. When they installed the Hp it would work until the computer was turned off and not when it comes back on. I was told they would uninstall Hp, reinstall and it would work again until turned off.

I started looking and found the printer spooler keeps turning off. I found some stuff off of google and it would work until the computer was turned off and back on. I started looking on the internet and found Lexmark installs quite a few files and the printer spool is dependant on Lexmark. I found some ways to get rid of Lexmark, all except for one in "regedit" and I'm affraid of unistalling it because Im not sure if the files have been backed up or if they have the disk for all programs.

I went through regedit to make it look like a printer has never been installed on the computer and still nothing.

If anyone has had a Lexmark and switched printers and had this problem can you please tell me how you fixed it. If anyone knows anything else I can try please let me know.

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Re: Print spooler error
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 07:56:34 pm »
Ok gotta fixed. I guess I should have tried this first and would have saved me a lot of trouble. I backed up all the files and did a system restore. I had to delete the Hp program and reinstal afterwards but everything came up and running. There still is a software conflict because the Hp center will not open correctly. At least they can print now so I am getting it back to them before something else goes wrong.

anything