Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from Norway  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Apinor

• New Bee
  • You never know everything about bees.
Greetings from Norway
« on: January 29, 2017, 03:43:49 am »
Hello.
I am a beekeeper from Norway having 25 hives, selling beekeeping equipment and having beekeeper experience since 1982.
Interesting to learn about your way of beekeeping although we have a lot of differences both in climate, equipment, pesticides etc. We fight the varroa only with oxalic acid and removal of drone combs, no Apistan etc. Perhaps we have methods interesting for you.

Best regards
Apinor

Online gww

• Super Bee
Re: Greetings from Norway
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 11:27:45 am »
Apinor
First off, welcome from a new guy that will get more from you then I can return, me being a new guy.  Are you guys using the oxalic and glyserin pads in you hives?  Heck, if you feel like writing a little about your experiances, I feel like listening.
Anyway, welcome abord.
Cheers
gww

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 02:06:18 pm »
Welcome Apinor,

I was just recently searching the internet to find out what is known about the Vikings and beekeeping. Couldn't find much but a little on the native nordic bee which sounds a lot like the Caucasian race of bees.
 How I got interested was through a question on a forum about whether the Vikings could have brought honey bees to their settlements in Newfoundland, North America.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 05:00:29 pm by herbhome »
Neill

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 08:26:15 am »
Welcome
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 10:08:30 am »
Welcome.