Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 3D printers Trying to update firmware  (Read 3890 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
3D printers Trying to update firmware
« on: March 29, 2023, 09:41:29 pm »
Does anyone have an Ender 5 Plus 3D printer. Do you know how to flash the firmware.
My Main Mother board blew the X and Y drivers so I decided to upgrade to a silent mother board from Creality. i ordered it from Amazon because i trust them and have not had problems returning items or getting my money back. They sent me a new board, i installed it but it is in Chinese. I changed it to English but every time I change screens it switches back to Chinese. So I just used Google Translate to read the screens. It comes with Energy mode set to on but that makes it so that the prints fail as soon as the Hotbed cools down. I tried to turn it off but it will not change. I also cannot turn on the Auto Leveling. I found that others have had the same problem and many others did not. I returned the mother board to Amazon and ordered a new one. Received it last night, installed it and I have the exact problem. The new silent board is extremely quiet. other than the fan noise, you cannot tell it is printing. It prints beautifully until the Energy Saver turns off the hotbed. As soon as it cools down, the printed item starts moning ahd it fails. I have looked at several videos on how to install the firmware but I have not been able to. For one thing i cannot get the Slicer software that has the ability to update it to connect. It sees the com port is connected but will not talk to it.
Any help would bee greatly appreciated.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

anything