Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Help Identify this little bug.  (Read 3468 times)

Offline BeeMaster86

• New Bee
Help Identify this little bug.
« on: February 18, 2017, 12:55:21 am »
Hi everyone

Ive had my hive a week now, did my first inspection today, they seem happy and strong, keeping SHB to a minimum and fill up the hive quickly with comb while bringing in plenty or resources. The only thing I have found odd is every now and then Ill find a bee wondering within a 10-15 ft of the hive, maybe just 1 or 2 a day. They are just walking, trying to fly or seeming dazed. I do find 1 or so dying in front of the hive being attacked by ants every second day. I found one this morning drowned in the birdbath water source for them, I intended on looking at it through the microscope just out of curiosity and while doing so I found this little brown grub fall from the bee on the mat. I worried as to what it is, seeing Tracheal mite on google but not having that here in Aus makes me curious. It wriggled a bit until killed it trying to get a picture.

upload pic

Cheers
Wayne

Offline BeeMaster86

• New Bee
Re: Help Identify this little bug.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 01:03:27 am »
All good, worked it out, mosquito wriggler... :cheesy:

Offline Andersonhoney

• House Bee
Re: Help Identify this little bug.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 03:06:45 am »
Too funny.
Hi everyone

Ive had my hive a week now, did my first inspection today, they seem happy and strong, keeping SHB to a minimum and fill up the hive quickly with comb while bringing in plenty or resources. The only thing I have found odd is every now and then Ill find a bee wondering within a 10-15 ft of the hive, maybe just 1 or 2 a day. They are just walking, trying to fly or seeming dazed. I do find 1 or so dying in front of the hive being attacked by ants every second day. I found one this morning drowned in the birdbath water source for them, I intended on looking at it through the microscope just out of curiosity and while doing so I found this little brown grub fall from the bee on the mat. I worried as to what it is, seeing Tracheal mite on google but not having that here in Aus makes me curious. It wriggled a bit until killed it trying to get a picture.

upload pic

Cheers
Wayne

anything