MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE CONSTITUTION

Overseas aid

<< < (2/7) > >>

Eric Bosworth:
>So how does giving, let's say Nigeria, one of the most corrupt counties on earth, $335 million of our money provide for the "common welfare and defense of the United States"?

It doesn't... I like this quote from Ron Paul "foreign aid takes money from the poor people of this country and gives it to the rich people in poor countries." With very few exceptions I think Congress should be required to fund government spending with crowd funding Initiatives. That would do two things, first, programs would only be funded by people who support them. Second, program support would be instantly realized.

Michael Bush:
> I think Congress should be required to fund government spending with crowd funding Initiatives.

Absolutely!

Eric Bosworth:
I thought I might get some agreement on that. That is my problem with Planned Parenthood. I believe that morality can not effectively be legislated so therefor I don't believe that making abortions illegal will work, but that doesn't mean tax dollars from people who are vehemently opposed to abortion should have to pay for it.

NeilTheCop:

--- Quote from: Eric Bosworth on July 30, 2015, 01:39:09 pm ---I thought I might get some agreement on that. That is my problem with Planned Parenthood. I believe that morality can not effectively be legislated so therefor I don't believe that making abortions illegal will work, but that doesn't mean tax dollars from people who are vehemently opposed to abortion should have to pay for it.

--- End quote ---

Interesting concept.
When you fill out your IRS 1040 they have a small but highly optimistic 'Do you want $3 of your federal tax to go to the Presidential Election Campaign Fund?'
Let's expand that to 'Do you want $10 of your federal tax to go to a foreign country, possibly hostile to the US, with no accountability as to how it's spent?', and "Do you want $3 of your Federal tax to go to planned parenthood?'
And each year add to this list :tongue:

Michael Bush:
> 'Do you want $10 of your federal tax to go to a foreign country, possibly hostile to the US, with no accountability as to how it's spent?'

I'm sure they would get a lot with that one... they might have ti spin it a bit better. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version