Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How to increase font size for reading?  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
How to increase font size for reading?
« on: August 28, 2020, 09:59:53 am »
The font size for these articles is smaller than usual website text. I am having to zoom in and out to read them on my phone. I have enlarged the text in my browser, but beemaster text remains tiny. Is there a way to increase font size NOT in writing, but in reading them?

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Re: How to increase font size for reading?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 02:55:43 pm »
Mr. Bob, good question.  I went into setting on my iPhone and I can change font size for a lot of applications such as news, however, I cannot change the font size on BeeMaster?

Hope you obtain an answer.  I am sure Jim, sawdust, is looking into this.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 08:53:17 am »
Iddee asked the same question several years ago.
I sent him a PM to see if he figured it out.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 10:14:15 am »
A pair of one dollar reading glasses from dollar tree if all else fails?  😁 You might ask RoBo. Try a PM to him.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 10:59:20 pm »
Lol, BenFramed.
I have three pairs of glasses, and none of them help me with the phone's small font.
One of my college age sons says...
"It's an issue with the site's format, Dad. After all, it a website for old guys keeping bees."

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 11:03:47 pm »
Lol, BenFramed.
I have three pairs of glasses, and none of them help me with the phone's small font.
One of my college age sons says...
"It's an issue with the site's format, Dad. After all, it a website for old guys keeping bees."

I love your sons sense of humor! Although he may be right on both counts. Excluding the ladies. lol "It's an issue with the site's format, Dad. After all, it a website for old guys keeping bees." Sounds as if you have a Great Son!   I Love The Humor!!  lol
[/quote]
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 11:30:13 pm »
I found it...
It is not available using duckduckgo's search engine app. Their browser's settings are limited.
But using GOOGLE CHROME, I can tap the vertical ellipsis menu icon in the upper right hand corner/ settings/ accessability/ font size slide bar.
The slide bar lets me increase the font size on most web pages AND formats the paragraphs to fit my cell phone's screen.
While it doesn't work for certain headings and some other info listings, the actual paragraphs of what people write in their postings are MUCH easier to read, which is the most important part.
Whew!!! No more squinting!

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 11:50:42 pm »
There is also a place in my cell phone's settings/ display/ fonts size... that increases everything in my phone, but not every browser works in conjunction with it.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2020, 06:20:35 am »
Thanks. It works in firefox preferences, also.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2020, 10:18:12 am »
I was working on this problem yesterday trying to enlarge the fonts. Early this morning I turned on my phone and the text on my phone was huge. 😃
I still have not been able to get my phone to automatically keep large text.
I just zoom in and out on mine. And, Phillip, that is with read Glasses on. 😂
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2020, 10:20:53 pm »
This is why God gives us children. For IT purposes.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2020, 10:26:17 pm »
I was working on this problem yesterday trying to enlarge the fonts. Early this morning I turned on my phone and the text on my phone was huge. 😃
I still have not been able to get my phone to automatically keep large text.
I just zoom in and out on mine. And, Phillip, that is with read Glasses on. 😂
Jim Altmiller

:grin: Hang in there Jim!  :grin: :grin:

This is why God gives us children. For IT purposes.

Even the little children are computer whizzes!

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 12:01:19 am »
If it's a problem, we could always just add a rule to the bylaws mandating that all font has to be this big.  Or else.  :wink:  :cheesy:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.