Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee parts on a sticky board.  (Read 1073 times)

Offline charentejohn

• House Bee
Bee parts on a sticky board.
« on: August 12, 2020, 10:57:49 am »
Had a new bit doday, a head.  I am used to seeing the normal bits of leg and such (very active colony anyway) but a head is a new one. 
Just the head which was black with tongue out.  Wondered how often this happens.
Open floor so could have come from a dispute near the entrance and eventually fallen through ?
You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Bee parts on a sticky board.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 01:00:21 pm »
Had a new bit doday, a head.  I am used to seeing the normal bits of leg and such (very active colony anyway) but a head is a new one. 
Just the head which was black with tongue out.  Wondered how often this happens.
Open floor so could have come from a dispute near the entrance and eventually fallen through ?
I find all sorts of stuff on sticky boards: legs, heads, abdomens, pollen pants, wax scales, etc.  I've seen workers removing parts of dead bees, probably ones that I accidentally crushed between frames or boxes. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 03:24:34 pm »
Same here. I have oil trays under most of my hives so I see all kinds of bee parts.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 01:34:06 am »
I frequently squash bees between frames. Once I have the queen in a clip, I don?t care. (I do, but I also want to get out of the hive.) I?m sure I?ve pinned their bodies, and all the undertakers can clean out is the heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything