Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: "Winter" in My Hometown...  (Read 6070 times)

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
"Winter" in My Hometown...
« on: November 29, 2008, 10:16:52 pm »
Love it, Love it Love it...at least 70 degrees here, best time of year...weeeeeeeeeeee

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: "Winter" in My Hometown...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 11:07:27 pm »
You poor soul,look at what your missing!!
http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img7826ap2.jpg

Actually i could really envy that scene sometimes! The ocean is such a long drive from here. Beautiful picture.

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 11:53:32 pm »
Buzz,

Gorgeous photo...especially if you are inside with a toasty warm fire...yum...

But I am an original beach girl...gotta have me my ocean~*~*~*~

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 02:22:44 am »
Been warmer than usual up here, high 60's today. Missing the rain though.

I love that ocean photo and miss living near the ocean, having been born and raised in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, New York. Spent the entire summers on the beach when growing up.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 06:17:33 am »
Just as many here take the mountains for granted,I bet many near the ocean never really notice it's there.It's great so many members share their "homes" with each other.We acn take a trip and never have to leave home. :)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 08:56:14 am »
You poor soul,look at what your missing!!
http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img7826ap2.jpg

Actually i could really envy that scene sometimes! The ocean is such a long drive from here. Beautiful picture.
Couldn't get it to load imageshack will not work for me any more :-x
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 11:16:43 am »
Irwin, Buzz posted a most tranquil snow scene...mmmm, nice.

You know Buzz, I was just thinking your very same thought as I snapped that photo.   There was a house right next to me, with a huge side yard on the cliff, and empty chairs...I work on not taking ANY of our blessings for granted, bask in gratitude~*~*~*~

Cheers, looks like another clear warm day here!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 12:09:57 pm »
bask in gratitude~*~*~*~

Sharon, what do the symbols above mean?  I have seen you post them many times and keep forgetting to ask.

Oh that is the most beautiful picture of the ocean.  We are close to the ocean, about 45 km, and yes, it is the most beautiful thing.  My Mother lived on the ocean front, I had just moved out of our home when they moved there.  The sights that I used to see when I visited them all was beautiful and wonderful, especially the sunsets.  Have a wonderful and most awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 03:25:49 pm »
Can you go down to the shore and fish?

your friend,
john

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 04:40:32 pm »
Oh sure you can fish, off the shore, off the various piers...Back in the day my Uncle fished weekly off the Del Monte Beach and brought in huge halibut.  we grew up o lots of fresh fish.  So much has changed since then, not as much fish for sure...

Cindi loo  I have no explanation for the symbols ~*~*~*~  ''cept I do believe "*" means kisses and ~~ means blowing..so I suppose I am blowing kisses to yo all*

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 10:28:54 pm »
Oh sure you can fish, off the shore, off the various piers...Back in the day my Uncle fished weekly off the Del Monte Beach and brought in huge halibut.  we grew up o lots of fresh fish.  So much has changed since then, not as much fish for sure...

Cindi loo  I have no explanation for the symbols ~*~*~*~  ''cept I do believe "*" means kisses and ~~ means blowing..so I suppose I am blowing kisses to yo all*

Sharon, oh how beautiful, I kid you not.  Everytime now when I see these symbols, these beautiful thoughts that I am going to tell you about, will arise in my mind, you have taken me to somewhere beautiful, in my mind's eye.....When you said that you were blowing kisses to us all, words cannot explain truly where that takes me to, but I will try.  In my mind's eye, there is nothing more sincere and lovely than when someone kisses the palm of their own hand, and then gently takes that kiss, gently blows upon that kiss.  That kiss floats through the clear air, and then the receiver gently grabs that kiss which has been blown to them, they be always grateful.  I know that well.  I have always blown kisses to those most important children and adults in my life, and oh, there are so many....to blow a kiss to an adult, through our cyberspace, as you do, with the thought and hope that they may catch it, oh Sharon, that takes my breath away, beauty......have a most wonderful and awesomely great life, day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 10:32:14 pm »
Violins Please!!!!

(Just Kidding)

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 02:28:06 am »
Reminds of the video "Free Hugs"  sigh....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm