Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Building frames  (Read 3628 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Building frames
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2023, 08:26:17 pm »
William Bagwell
"Great folks"

Yes they are William. I bought 4 queens from them late in my first season, (September). I talked to David on the phone concerning my concerns and he helped guide me through that first Winter with 'thriving' bees in the Spring. Yes great folks...
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2023, 12:27:48 pm »
The world keeps changing.  I used to buy my frames mostly from Walter T. Kelley because they would make them for me with no groove in the top and bottom bar and I would cut a bevel on the top bar.  I bought a thousand of those and haven't run out since...  So many places have either gone broke or been bought out...

Walter T Kelly must have been a popular supply company to buy from. I have heard Tim Durham, "The Walls Bee Man", suggest that he bought from that company, in some of his 'older' videos. 

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2023, 02:17:53 pm »
I used to build my own. But when I figured the time it was costing me it was cheaper to purchase them by the pallet. I think the last ones came from dadant. I purchased from Brushy mountain till they went out of business, moved to Mann Lake until the customer service got poor. Ive been pretty happy with Dadant for the few things I still purchase.

anything