Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Big Lies  (Read 62048 times)

Online Kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: Big Lies
« Reply #720 on: October 20, 2021, 02:15:07 pm »
I reconize the posibilities but do not live in fear of bad things I know may happen in a way that I can be minipulated by that fear for other things that might also hurt me.  Pick the fear that is going on now is my motto.   

I am not suggesting that we live in fear.  I am suggesting that we think things through and recognize from history what is possible in the future.

Another current example that has nothing to do with a virus:  Abortion was illegal early in my life.  Birth control was unreliable and not always easy to get.  Women got pregnant under all kinds of circumstances and for many, too many kids was an issue.  When abortion was made legal, I agreed with the "safe, rare, and legal" argument even though the coathanger deaths bit was vastly overblown.  Most abortions were done by medical professionals making a bit illegally on the side...but that's another story.

I changed my mind over a few years of working in L&D and seeing that the advances of science changed the designation of viability.  I could not reconcile morally that yesterdays fetus was todays baby...BUT, it was not a hill for me to die on.
FF to today.  The push is for abortion to be legal any time up to birth.  That's not OK.  It shouldn't be OK for anyone to even think of.  No matter how you feel about abortion, the idea that you can kill a term baby just because it hasn't been pushed out yet, ought to make you sick and make you wonder about the people who push for this kind of thing.

We went from safe, rare, legal, which most people either agreed with or were willing to live with, to any time a woman changes her mind right up the first breath the baby takes.  Is it too much to anticipate post-birth abortions in the future?  It is not and it has been proposed and even apparently implemented in some countries.  Something wrong with the baby at birth?  Let it die so that it is not a burden on society.  The greater good.

People don't think.  They especially don't apply any lateral thinking skills.  If you dare do that, you are accused of fear mongering or called a nut case even though we have multitudes of examples of that slippery slope. 

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online gww

• Queen Bee
« Reply #721 on: October 20, 2021, 05:17:25 pm »
Kathy
That is why there is a backlash about every eight years where america goes one way and then goes the other.  Just my opinion though.
Cheers
gww

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #722 on: October 20, 2021, 05:46:15 pm »
Kathy
That is why there is a backlash about every eight years where america goes one way and then goes the other.  Just my opinion though.
Cheers
gww
America hasn't changed the politicians have.  It use to be a death sentence for a politician to go against the American people.  Not anymore.  There is no separation of powers anymore.  It is all political.  What is real bad is judges for life.  We are toying with a civil war.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline salvo

• Field Bee
« Reply #723 on: October 21, 2021, 07:44:46 am »
Hi Folks,

Like small pox to the Indians.

NIH: We Did Fund Gain-of-Function Research at Wuhan Lab, After All

Fauci, Collins Confirmed Liars

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/20/nih-contradicts-fauci-admits-funding-gain-of-function-research-at-wuhan-lab/

Sal
Salvo

Online Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #724 on: October 21, 2021, 11:23:05 am »
America hasn't changed the politicians have.  It use to be a death sentence for a politician to go against the American people.  Not anymore.  There is no separation of powers anymore.  It is all political.  What is real bad is judges for life.  We are toying with a civil war.

:shocked: I mostly agree with you!  Where I would disagree is with the first part.  America has changed.  Because it has changed we have people in office like AOC and the squad.  People who openly do go against America and the American people. 

You can argue or list the way that the people of America have changed.  That would be an interesting conversation for later.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 11:44:10 am by Kathyp »
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #725 on: October 21, 2021, 11:33:30 am »
Like small pox to the Indians.

We actually inadvertently killed more with common things like colds (Coronaviruses ) and flu.  There is no documented case of Native Americans being intentionally infected with anything.  The closest we come is a recorded conversation in a fort manned by the Brits that was under siege from NAs about trying to infect them and make them sick enough to break the siege.  There was disease inside the fort and food was running out.
  As it turned out, the NAs asked for blankets and blankets and things were traded for food. 

To my knowledge, that is the only documented conversation about infecting Indians, and there is no documentation to show that they did or knew that the infection could be carried on the blankets.

Fauci is a piece of work.  Aside from his ego and desire to be on TV all the time, he has been the worst possible public face for info and one can only guess what kind of crap advice he gives those in power.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline salvo

• Field Bee
« Reply #726 on: October 22, 2021, 10:36:56 am »
Hi Folks,

KP. Sorry about that "smallpox". Sister Francis Xavier told us that in sixth grade, along with the story of Father Isaac Jogues. Mea maxima culpa. Forgive the Sister. She knew not what she said. She had no google.

"It*s not a lie if you really believe it". George Costanza

Sal
Salvo

Online Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #727 on: October 22, 2021, 11:43:47 am »
KP. Sorry about that "smallpox". Sister Francis Xavier told us that in sixth grade, along with the story of Father Isaac Jogues.

Lol.  I remember being taught that too.  It was accepted as fact for decades and a large part of the evolving "evil European" bit.  There is no doubt that a lot of people died from diseases for which they had no immunity!  Kinda like everyone in the world and SARS-CoV-2  :wink: .
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline salvo

• Field Bee
« Reply #728 on: October 26, 2021, 01:44:47 pm »
Hi Folks,

This is NOT A LIE!!!!!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Sal
Salvo

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #729 on: October 26, 2021, 02:05:11 pm »
I saw that too Sal. Who would vote for this craziness?
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Online Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #730 on: October 26, 2021, 05:47:25 pm »
Who would vote for this craziness?

Especially given Mcauliffes history.  I am surprised that Hillary is not out there stumping for him.  They go way back.

Even if he wins, this should never have been a tight race in what is now a very blue state. 

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline salvo

• Field Bee
« Reply #731 on: October 30, 2021, 01:08:11 pm »
Hi Folks!

Great News!!!!! No Covid at the G-20! No Masks!

Trains,... Boats,... Planes!!!! Climate change is ALSO GONE!!!

YAY!!!! Just look at the BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE! Awww. And a lot of them are OURS!

Well, I guess Covid and climate change, like TAXES,... are only for the little people.

Hi Ho. Hi Ho. It's off to work I go!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Sal
Salvo

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #732 on: November 01, 2021, 10:04:19 am »

Mum...

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #733 on: November 02, 2021, 04:09:08 am »
What do you know about this? Big Lies or Truth... What is the bottom line?

UPDATE: I see youtube took this video down.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 10:01:42 am by Ben Framed »
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #734 on: November 02, 2021, 09:24:37 am »
Ben,
That video is unavailable.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #735 on: November 02, 2021, 09:58:16 am »
Ben,
That video is unavailable.
Jim Altmiller

It was available last night when I posted it Jim but I see youtube has taken it down. (nothing new)

Offline salvo

• Field Bee
« Reply #736 on: November 04, 2021, 11:36:16 pm »
Hi Folks, KP,

Bill Gates must Know Sister Francis Xavier..... Either that or HE READS THIS THREAD!!!

Bill Gates warns terrorists will try and use smallpox as a biological weapon as he bids for billions in funding to prevent future pandemics

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10166787/Bill-Gates-warns-smallpox-terror-attacks-bid-pandemic-prevention-funds.html

Sal
Salvo

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #737 on: November 11, 2021, 01:21:59 pm »
Big Lie or truth?

Very short video.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #738 on: November 11, 2021, 03:49:40 pm »
Ben,
Truth. I have found rocks that a magnet sticks to. More than plenty enough iron in it to make a dagger.
Jim Altmiller

Online Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #739 on: November 11, 2021, 07:22:43 pm »
Bill Gates warns terrorists will try and use smallpox as a biological weapon as he bids for billions in funding to prevent future pandemics

Not a great bioweapon.  1/2 or better of the population is vaccinated.  We could quickly vaccinate everyone else if we needed to.  We can treat it better than back in the day when it killed people.  We have anti-virals that seem to work pretty well on smallpox.

If you wanted a good bioterror disease you'd want one that spreads quickly, has no treatment or prevention, and overwhelms the system...Hmmm...

Alexis de Tocqueville