Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Anyone here grow peanuts?  (Read 933 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Anyone here grow peanuts?
« on: January 09, 2024, 09:26:05 am »
Check this out if your might be interested in one method of growing peanuts.

https://youtu.be/1a9BVb64Ads?si=Rb1vFioyu_-HmXCf
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
Re: Anyone here grow peanuts?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 09:44:35 am »
Check this out if your might be interested in one method of growing peanuts.

https://youtu.be/1a9BVb64Ads?si=Rb1vFioyu_-HmXCf
Nope, and thinking about it, I'm kind of chuckling at how they are big in some areas and null in others. We have peanuts here but nothing like they do down south. When I was down south during my driving career, I saw a good amount of peanuts and even learned about bold peanuts, (that's Georgian for boiled peanuts), which I hadn't had before but liked them. Sure, we have Planter's peanuts and plenty of peanut butter and peanut butter lovers but other than that, there's not much. Oh, except the Peanut Bar in Reading. We even have to ask if we want them at the Texas Roadhouse these days, whereas they used to just put them on the table when we're seated.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 10:54:25 am »
Lol I have not had the (bold) or boiled peanuts.  :wink: I do like Planters brand in the Salted variety over others I have tried. We recently tried Sams Club brand and they just could not hold an even race with Planters in my opinion.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2024, 03:21:22 pm »
If you want some good peanuts, try Plow and Hearth?s honey roasted, whatever they call them.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2024, 03:28:10 pm »
Oh, except the Peanut Bar in Reading.
I'm freaking out right now!  That's one of my parents' old haunts!  :shocked:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 10:09:05 am »
Oh, except the Peanut Bar in Reading.
I'm freaking out right now!  That's one of my parents' old haunts!  :shocked:
Meh, it's nothing to freak out about. The older you get, the smaller the world becomes and it is interesting to meet people who we have unwittingly crossed paths with in the past. I have always lived small town, outside of big town and it is not unusual to meet someone out in the big world, who has been to and through my small town.

anything