Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Nuc with queen cells  (Read 2921 times)

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
Re: Nuc with queen cells
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2019, 12:45:01 pm »
We are actually in a drought right now but the bees are bringing in tons of white and orange pollen so we'll see. I put some food plots in the ground for deer season ahead of this hurricane thinking that we'd get some rain from it.....NOPE!  They came up nicely but now are wilted to the ground.  :angry:
Take a kid fishing !

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2019, 12:47:20 pm »
Sounds like they are either doing an emergency queen replacement or a supercedure. Either way I would definitely leave them alone for the next 3 weeks.
Jim Altmiller

How many -queen raising- days are left in the season in that area?

HP, in Arkansas, we are having high temperatures in the 90, ninetyF every day,  hot for Sept.  we should be 10 degreesF cooler.  So yes, there are still drones.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2019, 01:57:05 pm »
A little observation I made that someone may be interested in.....i went into this hive before the queen was mated and saw her, she was roughly the same size as a worker bee and was running around and trying to hide like a nervous wreck. After she got mated and started doing her job she is just walking around slowly and calmly looking into cells and laying eggs. Also I'd like to mention how fast she grew after being mated.....it was less than a week.
Take a kid fishing !