Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A statement of truth  (Read 2937 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
A statement of truth
« on: January 06, 2016, 01:26:54 pm »
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States." ?Noah Webster, 1787
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Maggiesdad

• House Bee
Re: A statement of truth
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 05:25:20 pm »
That's exactly what freedom smells like.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 11:11:15 pm »
A good reminder why our founding fathers added the second amendment.
The Japanize government decided not to attack the continental US because they new most US citizens were armed. We had more weapons in citizens hands than their military had.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 12:47:50 pm »
Yes.  It's probably why we have never had a miltary Coup d'?tat in our country.  Even if you are in charge of the army, you have to face an armed citizenry.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin