Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hey, Georgia This is Florida were gonna need more water for the Tupelo honey  (Read 2982 times)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/13/water.wars/index.html

Okay this drought is causing an increase in the price of oysters. That is no fun, but you start messing with the Tupelo honey.... well then we will just have to keep that water flowing into Florida. Right pdmattox?  :mrgreen:

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
While I am going to atlanta the first week of december and while I am there I am staging a protest to free the water.  The water should be free for all to share. 8-)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
It's supposed to rain tomorrow and I'm sure Gov Purdue will give credit to his prayer ceremony yesterday.  I'll bet he consulted at least 10 meteorologists and the almanac to plan his prayer efforts so he could credit praying for the rain that comes tomorrow -

Linda T with tongue firmly in cheek in Atlanta

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
It's supposed to rain tomorrow and I'm sure Gov Purdue will give credit to his prayer ceremony yesterday.  I'll bet he consulted at least 10 meteorologists and the almanac to plan his prayer efforts so he could credit praying for the rain that comes tomorrow -

I was in our breakroom at work and saw the Gov on the news. Reminded me of the story about the country preacher who, during a drought, called for a special meeting to pray for rain. He watched them all come into the church, then he told them to go home, "No point praying since none of y'all got any faith."
"Whaddah mean we ain't got no faith?" they asked.
"None of you brought an umbrella..."

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
At this point I think they would not even want an umbrella, they would dance in it.

Offline deantn

• House Bee

Doesn't hurt to pray for anything at all. Just because he MIGHT have consulted a few meteorologists doesn't mean anything either, around here they are right about 10% of the time when calling for rain.
The old story about having faith is one farmer did nothing when he was faced with the situation and the other farmer went and plowed his fields in case the rain did come so his fields were ready to plant. 

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
Well, the prayer effort resulted in 1/10 of an inch of rain last night and a beautiful clear sunny day today and going forward.  Like Dallas said, if it rained here, we'd go dance in it - forget the umbrella..... :oops:

Linda T in Atlanta