Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Denver's StingStopper  (Read 5500 times)

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
Denver's StingStopper
« on: May 07, 2005, 08:01:52 am »
The Buzz Stops Here

FRANKLIN, TN – Ouch! That felt like a bee sting! Stings by a bee, a wasp, or a fire ant are events we don’t soon forget.
However, what we can forget is the tobacco, the meat tenderizer and the baking soda we once used in an attempt to treat the sting. A new product produced in Franklin, Tennessee called Denver's StingStopper seems to be more effective than any of those old household remedies.
An electronics engineer in Kentucky and amateur bee keeper at the time, Denver Blanton first began experimenting with sting relief ointments after he was stung on the hand by a wasp in 1974. He knew that certain chemical reactions would reduce the pain of venom, so he began experimenting with combinations of all the electronic and engineering compounds he had on hand in his utility room.
Less than a year later, his eight year old son Mendall, inadvertently disturbed a wasp nest while picking grapes on his family’s farm. He was hit by the swarm about the face and head within seconds. Hearing the screams, Denver grabbed his son and raced to the family pool while yelling for his wife, Catherine to bring the “bee medicine” which he had concocted. As he applied the ointment to each of the 32 stings, the pain subsided within seconds and a half-hour later, it looked as if Mendall had never been stung. Denver knew he had something special.
Over the last 30 years, Denver has been perfecting small quantities of the “bee medicine”.
Produced in single application packets or in 1/8 ounce round jars, StingStopper is patented in the US. Those who have used it say the pain from a sting stops in seconds.
When asked how StingStopper works, Denver shakes his head in astonishment. “We just don’t know; I can’t explain it,” he says. “We’ve had it tested time and time again, and no scientist or medical person can put their finger on how it works. We just know that it does work, and to me, that’s all that matters.”
Some 80,000 units of the mustard yellow salve are now in the marketplace, all within a 200 mile radius of Franklin. However, Denver says that inquiries are coming in from across the US and overseas.
“It’s been supplied for missionary trips to Southeast Asia and South America and it is receiving great response,” Denver adds. The product is available at participating co-ops, pharmacies, grocery stores, camping supply stores and feed stores in the Midsouth.
StingStopper works on stings from all types of bees, ants, hornets, wasps and mosquitoes. So, as the dog days of summer approach, why suffer through the pain and swelling of stings when Denver’s StingStopper may be the instant solution for you and your family?
Locally, Denver’s Sting-Stopper is available at all Milner-Rushing Discount Drug locations: Medical Center Pharmacy in Sheffield: Longrider Supply; J.R.'s Market; Cooley's Grocery; Peddler's One Stop; and Townsley's Grocery in Florence: Center Star Market and Center Hill Market in the Killen area: Family Pharmacy; BBB Nursery and Webb #5 Mountain Top in Russellville; Riggs Grocery in Hatton: Country Market in Greenhill: Wheeler Dam Market in Elgin: Ray-O-Mart in Leighton: and Lexington General Store in Lexington.
For more information, on the product
800-325-1399

This stuff got a 2 page write up in Bee Culture this month
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Denver's StingStopper
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 12:14:33 pm »
That stuff sounds amazing, it would be cool if they could find out how to mass produce it, bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
Denver's StingStopper
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 01:46:01 pm »
they have it for sale
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Denver's StingStopper
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 02:59:57 pm »
Yes, I know, but it says they can only produce it in small batches. bye :D
Ryan Horn

anything