Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: selling hives  (Read 1363 times)

Offline beesonhay465

• House Bee
selling hives
« on: September 12, 2020, 09:01:55 am »
with back problems and not wanting to be involved with selling honey. iv advertized the hives . sold 2 yesterday $500 .i was sorry to see them go as i have enjoyed working with the bees.and they have been very docile.and iv built all the hives and like to work with wood.the buyer says he has 10 acres of pumpkins and about 5 acres of sunflowers.they will be in bee heaven. 2 new supers with foundationless frames went along .i told him i he should put them on as soon as he sets up the hives. :smile:

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: selling hives
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 10:49:33 am »
Sorry to hear that. I don?t think I will ever be able to go with no bees. I depend on them to keep my limbs limber.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline beesnweeds

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 01:53:11 pm »
Sorry to hear that. I don?t think I will ever be able to go with no bees. I depend on them to keep my limbs limber.
Jim Altmiller
  Agree !! I'll never sell all my hives.  When I get to the point that I don't want to extract and cant lift much I will just hang on to my 5 over 5 deep nucs, they are fun and easy to work and overwinter better than full size hives.  Honestly I like managing them more than full size hives.  5 frame meds are easy to lift (or 1 frame at a time) and produce great comb honey.  Beesonhay make a couple 5/5 nucs and give it a try.  The one problem is they build fast but splitting and making more nucs isn't hard and they sell like hotcakes.
Everyone loves a worker.... until its laying.

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 09:41:59 pm »
I tried to get out of them due to health, but didn't work out. Now trying to figure out what I want to do with them.
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 12:56:41 pm »
You could build a horizontal hive...
http://www.bushfarms.com/beeshorizontalhives.htm
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 06:49:51 am »
Beesonhay.
By all means, build a simple long langstroth (I have 3), each with 32 deep langstroth frames in a 4 foot long box. I stand beside it, working one frame at a time. No bending, no lifting. It will keep you in honey for personal friends and family. They have been no trouble on my back. I keep my few in my residential backyard.

anything