Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Yamba, NSW  (Read 2103 times)

Offline BrianP_69

• New Bee
Hello from Yamba, NSW
« on: October 15, 2018, 06:14:53 am »
Hi all.
Just dropping in to say hello.
I've joined this forum to learn as much as possible about this great hobby of keeping bees.
There's some great info on this forum that I will be reading to gain experience as I go along.
I currently have just a single hive in my yard that is almost 5 weeks old. I purchased a 4 frame NUC & the bees are going fantastic.
I have almost the full 10 frames drawn out with great stores of pollen & honey stored where it should be on the frames. The queen is laying great with the brood pattern edge to edge & top to bottom, hardly missing a cell. I'm hoping to put my queen excluder on in the next week or two if this weather clears. I have a Nuplas 10 frame, 3 box hive which I really like. Running a shallow vented bottom board & a standard lid. Extremely happy so far with the bees bringing in vast amounts of three different coloured pollen.
Cheers

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Hello from Yamba, NSW
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 08:32:34 am »
Brian,
Welcome to Beemaster.
Ask all of your questions year. We love to answer them.
I recommend you get a 2 more supers, sounds like you will need them.
Good luck.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline BrianP_69

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 09:37:25 am »
Brian,
Welcome to Beemaster.
Ask all of your questions year. We love to answer them.
I recommend you get a 2 more supers, sounds like you will need them.
Good luck.
Jim

Thanks Jim.
I have 2 more Nuplas 10 frame supers ready to go with timber frames & wax foundation.
Just waiting for the weather to fine up & I'll do another inspection.
As soon as the rain stops the girls are into it before the next shower comes. They're doing great so far.
I'm pretty sure within a couple of weeks I'll be putting the Queen excluder on the brood box with my first 10 frame super.
Thanks for the welcome.
Brian

Offline Beelab

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 08:35:28 am »
Hi Brian,
Guess your bees have continued to do great. Seems to be a good year, coastal at least.
Sometimes I wish the flow would stop, just for a break from harvesting. Silly.
 :embarassed:
Anyway, how are you doing 150km down the coast?