Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1803 times)

Offline marbetu

• Brood
« on: January 07, 2017, 07:39:52 am »
Hello everyone,

I have 4 hens and would like to start with bees in a couple of years. I don't know enough yet to do that though and I certainly don't have enough of the right kind of plants in the garden to attract bees. Right now there is ice and snow here in Belgium - so bees are not an issue.

Hens: I have 2 Rhode Island Reds, one Isa and one mixture that no one can tell me all that's in it. There is some Wyandotte - that's for sure. And she is not pretty - very short legs, on her head there's no crest or anything, very short neck and small head. I'd say it was a magpie crossed with a wyandotte, but I'm fairly sure that's not possible :smile: . I'll try to get a photo of her. Maybe someone could tell me then.  :grin:

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 10:35:42 am »
Welcome to the forum!
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 12:01:29 pm »
welcome to  the forum. Hey we like mutts here! mutts can become your best friend and producer.

john :tongue:

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 07:52:46 am »
Welcome to Beemaster.
A lot of Beekeepers have chickens. I have about 60 chickens. The hen I what is called a farm chicken. Pure mut.

You do not need any flowers on your property for your bees. They roam from 2 to 5 miles to collect everything they need.

Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline jimineycricket

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 09:53:38 am »
Welcome!  Ask all the questions you want.  Those magpies sure do get around! :cheesy:
jimmy

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 10:52:42 am »
Welcome
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Online cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 09:45:42 pm »
Welcome.  :happy:

anything