Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Announcement Dates For "Bud5"  (Read 52920 times)

Offline cdray

• House Bee
    • Find me on Facebook
Re: Announcement Dates For "Bud5"
« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2013, 02:24:05 pm »
You folks PLEASE keep an eye on this weather....Hope to meet you all Sat. morning......David

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2013, 02:30:02 pm »
yeah.  i'm a little concerned about flying into atlanta, but hopefully it will pass by then.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2013, 12:06:29 am »
Yuall still doing OK up there in Macon.  Saw there was some damage up that way.  Linda and I plan to get there tomorrow.

Joe

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2013, 10:55:38 am »
I am Bud5 bound. 

Southbound and down

James
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
Re: Re: Announcement Dates For "Bud5"
« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2013, 02:18:20 pm »
Wish I could make it.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
Later,
Ray

Offline Yap Yap

• New Bee
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2013, 08:24:03 pm »
Thanks to all at the Bud gathering. What an awesome time! You all made getting stung from bees in a porta john fun. Be safe on your travel home.     Yappi
Beekeeping to me is like having a fish tank, without the water,but just as relaxing.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2013, 10:29:10 am »
Nate drove down to Bud's on Wednesday before, I believe. He and Bud had rain for a day or two then it cleared and Schawee showed up. The three of them went fishing. (Schawee claims he caught all the big ones, but we seen the proof in the pudding. Nate caught the big one! :-D )

Scott and Peggy showed up next, we trickled in on Thursday morning early, before daylight. My poor wife, she was so tired, could hardly keep up. Last minute decision and not enough time or space we took two vehicles. Had to go a little fast those last 10 miles or so to get there before daylight so all the bees in the back of my truck didn't go to flying.  :-D

A rain storm moved in about 15 -20 minutes after we got the bees out the truck. It was nap time then.

After we got the beauty rest it was time to do some cuttin' up and catchin' up with the gang.

Friday brought in more new and familiar faces and Saturday was the big dog day.

The rain got us on Sunday, at least the first half of the day, but most everyone had gone back or was on the road by then.

All in all, starting with the day Nate showed up there were 7 swarms shook and 2 cut outs performed.

We also grafted inside of Bud's living room on Sunday morning because of the rain, with Alan Bukley and Scott (Hardwood) giving the lessons.

A couple of groups split off at some point on Saturday and went on and made several splits of Bud's bees.

We even got to see Big Daddy Bud show off his shooting skills by knocking down a swarm with his trusty pistol!

it sure was a great time folks!

Please consider coming down to the next one, you won't be disappointed!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2013, 07:26:21 pm »
   G'day JP. Only 51 weeks till the excitement is on again. Seems like a great time was had by all again ( oops sorry  yáll ) .         Thanks to Mr. Communicator ( Ken ) for keeping the rest of the world up to date, looking forward to Bud 6.           
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2013, 12:22:21 am »
Bud, Peg and I just got home safely at 11:00pm...didn't want to call that late so I'm posting it where I know you'll see it :) Had a great time as always. Ya can't get around these folks without gettin' a smile on your face! It was great seeing all of our old friends and was really nice meeting a bunch of new faces...I miss everyone already!

I'd go on but right now I'm gonna crash hard :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2013, 12:23:56 am »
Travis, how'd we end up with Yappi instead of YapYap?

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2013, 01:05:12 am »
got home this pm.  thanks to all you guys for such a nice weekend...and especially to Bud for putting up with all of us.  already looking forward to next year.

the car pics are posted on FB so you all can see my little side adventure!   :evil:

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Yap Yap

• New Bee
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2013, 03:21:48 am »
I don't really know Hardwood. Just worked out that way I guess. I may get a tshirt that says "Listen up here comes Yappi "for Bud ......Nah, he'd never wear it!
Beekeeping to me is like having a fish tank, without the water,but just as relaxing.

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2013, 09:11:34 am »
"Fun Was Had By All" was a quote by the journalist that was there and what a true statement. Thanks Bud for hosting yet another great event and to all that came and helped put it all together. I always think the event is way to short though.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2013, 07:12:27 pm »
Made it home at 5:15 PM today. What a trip. I'll be catchin up.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:36:17 am by buzzbee »

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2013, 10:38:53 pm »
glade yall made it home safe.had a great time seeing yall again.       schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #175 on: April 17, 2013, 09:47:37 am »
Bud withdrawals!  Being back at work after such a great weekend stinks!  All i want to do is stay home and play with the bees. :D

Mikel and I had a great time, if it was fast and furious.  Truck sleeping needs a little work  : / but we'll be ready next year.  So glad we made the trip.  It was great to re-hook with old friends and much fun to meet all the new faces.

Bud you are a man among men.  Thank you for your big heart and generosity in hosting us all.  I love you! Thank you.

Can't wait til next year.  See you all then!

love,
ziffa

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2013, 09:22:56 am »
sorry youall fo the late reply, but nate had to go home  and was supose to be my shoffer to go down to play a little more wid shawee and jp. so now i tired o them suckers for the next 15 minits then know he sniffles wil hit as the loniness sets in. i loved every minit of it  esp seing ziff do the swarm shake dance  and soon as i hear from ken i will get him to fix it yap yap   dang it miss you all
to bee or not to bee

Offline cdray

• House Bee
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #177 on: April 24, 2013, 05:22:08 pm »
Bud, J.C. and I had a ball....It was great to meet everyone and hope to see you next year!   David

Offline Yap Yap

• New Bee
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2013, 01:12:03 am »
I'm waiting for the "Bud6" thread to get started. That way I have feel like I have plans made for the next big get together .Lol !

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2013, 04:39:23 pm »
Howdy Folks:

I had planned on being at Bud5 but had to put mom in the hospital on Thur (had planned to head out on Friday morning). First chance I had to get back on here. She is out and doing well. Hope to see everyone at Bud6!!

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

anything