Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from 9acres  (Read 2170 times)

Offline _Brenda_

• House Bee
Hi from 9acres
« on: November 30, 2006, 09:38:43 pm »
I'm Brenda aka 9acres.  :-D

I'm new here and trying to decide if beekeeping is for me, and if I have a good spot to put a hive.
Hubby and I have 9 acres that have been mostly pasture. The land is actually in the city limits of a very small Illinois town. I'm trying to do something with it besides just mow it.  :lol:

I posted in the general BK forum with more info.
Brenda

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Hi from 9acres
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 11:10:06 pm »
You have came to good place to ask questions. We also have the ventrilo voice chat if you care to give it a try.Many people keep bees inside the city so if you have 9 acres it really shouldn't be an issue!If you have any kind of flora and water within a couple miles they should do fine!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: Hi from 9acres
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 11:34:25 pm »
Brenda:

Hi Again! So glad to have you aboard the forums, you will surely know by time it comes close to getting ready to start a beeyard whether you are bee-minded. I think you have made a great move coming into the forums and having the opertunity to learn from the good, the bad and the ugly of the hobby.

Don't let anyone tell you it is all roses, it is not. Fascinating it is though and from that prospective you will grow as a person and respect the most useful of all creatures to mankind - our honeybee friends.

Post often, check the search feature too which helps you formulate questions - my dad always said "The more you know, the more you know you DON'T know!" and it is very true in beekeeping. Sometimes questions can NOT come to mind because we don't know what QUESTIONS to ask until we have a better understanding the topic in greater detail.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.