Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Forum Activity  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Oldbeavo

• Queen Bee
Forum Activity
« on: September 29, 2022, 06:40:00 pm »
Hi Folks
Has there been very little activity on the forum, my login on says no posts since the 25th, and Down Under since 10th.
Or do I need to log out and relog in?

Offline paus

• Field Bee
Re: Forum Activity
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 06:47:55 pm »
I noticed that, so I thought I had been "DISMEMBERED"

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 07:28:06 pm »
No, it's not you, there has just been very little activity lately.  :sad:  We moderators have been discussing it with growing concern to be honest.  I'm chalking it largely up to the fact that we didn't have our customary big jump in new membership in northern hemisphere spring this year.  We therefore have very few/no first year beekeepers on the forum this year to be asking all kinds of random questions, and now our active season is winding down here in the north.  We're looking at you guys down under to pick up the slack and keep us all occupied through our winter!  :grin:     
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline paus

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 07:36:01 pm »
Our bee club has many new members and I have been negligent by not suggesting BEE Master.  That will be corrected.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 07:54:12 pm »
Our bee club has many new members and I have been negligent by not suggesting BEE Master.  That will be corrected.
Thanks paus!  That would be great!  :happy:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2022, 10:08:49 pm »
Oldbeavo their has been some interesting post in the DownUnder section lately but these post have been placed in the 'stickied' section of that forum, (the white area above the regular post), which can be 'very easy' to overlook or miss if one is 'not' accustomed to checking out that particular area of the Forum. Each Specific Beemaster Forum Heading  has this special 'set aside area', including the DownUnder Heading. Check these out..

Phillip

Examples as follows:

Varroa detected in Australia  New
Started by max2 << 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 >>
198 Replies
6464 Views   Last post September 28, 2022, 10:02:21 am

Last Post by Michael Bush

News from Down Under  New
Started by max2
14 Replies
563 Views   Last post September 28, 2022, 04:51:38 am
Last Post by max2

What's flowering: Queensland  New
Started by max2 << 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 36 >>
701 Replies
92207 Views Last post September 28, 2022, 04:48:27 am

Last Post by max2
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Oldbeavo

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2022, 11:56:40 pm »
We are in a mad Spring, weather too bad to work bees and poor flying time for honey collection.
But to confuse us the bees seem to be spending bad weather time to build queen cells. as soon as we get a warm day, out they go.
We still have 60 to split, maybe less as some will have swarmed. Still takes time to go through them and determine what has happened.

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2022, 12:36:10 am »
I?m finding the same problem Oldbeavo. The weather has been ordinary for a while now. Wind and rain has kept me out of the bees for a couple of weeks. Some of the local beeks have had an issue with swarming. I?ve been lucky so far due to the fact that I had a major honey extraction last month and I removed all queen excluders at that time. Hives have built up quickly due to the extra space. When the rain clears in a few days, I?m expecting the bees to be in their usual spring mood.

Online max2

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2022, 07:56:05 am »
This has been the worst Spring in 30 years.

Not my quote ( but i do agree) but a quote form a beek with about 600 hives  - this is the first year he got no honey, NO honey off his hives in the Mac nuts.
And my mate with about 2500 hives has not taken honey off since December.

We are liking our wounds, mate.

I have a handfull of jars with honey in store...but wait...is this honey I can smell coming from the yard? :rolleyes:

We have to be optimists or mad to be beekeepers.

( I killed a hive full of SHB maggots/larvae this afternoon. It was a strong hive ready to add a super last Saturday) :angry:

Online Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2022, 08:13:11 am »
No, it's not you, there has just been very little activity lately.  :sad:  We moderators have been discussing it with growing concern to be honest.
Begs the question as to why there are so many new moderators.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2022, 09:14:42 am »
No, it's not you, there has just been very little activity lately.  :sad:  We moderators have been discussing it with growing concern to be honest.
Begs the question as to why there are so many new moderators.
Just to handle you and Iddee. :grin:
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2022, 09:18:32 am »
Just to handle you and Iddee. :grin:

:wink:
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2022, 09:24:35 am »
Ace,
We used to have more active moderators than we do now. When I was handed the reins, it was just Robo and I and occasionally Buzzbee would drop in. Robo and Buzzbee only come on very occasionally so I started looking for members who spent a lot of time here on BeeMaster and also have the right temperament, morals and strength to do the job correctly.
It?s not an easy job keeping an even balance keeping Beemaster family friendly, keeping the personal attacks to a minimum and keeping it a place where people want to come to for information on beekeeping and a wide variety of subjects.
If you look at most other forums out there, personal attacks and foul language seem to bee the norm.
I want to personally thank all of our moderators for keeping BeeMaster family friendly.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2022, 10:43:29 am »
a lot of people default to facebook and there is (was?) a group from Beemaster on there.  If you are on the Facebook page and want to put a plug on there for this, the mother group, it would help too.  A lot of our old members are there and also have their own pages.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Oldbeavo

• Queen Bee
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2022, 06:28:26 pm »
For a hobby i race pigeons, we have a forum that has been active for about 16 years but is slowing down due to people migrating to a Facebook option.
I don't know why as it only dilutes information and means you have to log in to both.
PS i don't do Facebook for anything.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2022, 07:15:48 pm »
Oldbeavo
PS i don't do Facebook for anything.
Me either, not even to check up on those who do.
Cheers
gww

Online Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2022, 08:54:24 am »

I want to personally thank all of our moderators for keeping BeeMaster family friendly.
Jim Altmiller
You know I do too.  And you know I know that being a moderator is impossible because you have to be without opinion.
I do FB mostly for family.
You have to actively advertise to make noticeable gains in membership.  Letting the google crawler find people will get the occasional member but not large numbers.  I suppose I shouldn't say this but the strong conservative membership will drive away more than half the potential beekeepers that could be members.  Beemaster is family friendly but not politically friendly. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 09:05:23 am by Acebird »
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2022, 12:13:35 pm »
And you know I know that being a moderator is impossible because you have to be without opinion.
So in your opinion literally no human should be a moderator?

I suppose I shouldn't say this but the strong conservative membership will drive away more than half the potential beekeepers that could be members. 
This is not untrue, and I think it's unfortunate, because there should be nothing wrong with respectful political discussion, especially if it's kept separate from other topics, like it is on our forum.  Healthy political debate is the backbone of democracy, and while a bee forum might not be the best place for it, in our world today it seems like it's the only place left where it's acceptable, and therefore I appreciate it.     

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2022, 01:18:30 pm »
Ace,
Why can?t a moderator have an opinion? Really, you are given way more slack than most members need.
As long as they treat all members fairly they are doing their job.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2022, 01:36:59 pm »
Moderators, somebody has to do it and I am glad it is not me.  After retiring from work, I am running from responsibilities and not looking for more.  I think it is hard to do right and am glad somebody is willing and wish them luck.
Cheers
gww