Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ghost Guns  (Read 24036 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Ghost Guns
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2021, 01:23:38 pm »
Ace,
From your writings I can tell you have never built a gun especially using 80% parts. The drilling on them has to bee very precise. If you are off by a 32 of an inch they do not work and you will need to buy another one and start over. You just cannot use a drill motor and make one work.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2021, 09:21:44 am »
I have never built a gun.  But I could teach a 5 year old how to do it.  All this was done during the world wars by women who had 0 experience with machine tools.  Have you ever been in the Remington Arms plant?  I have, when it was located in the Utica area.  There is nothing complicated about a gun.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2021, 09:38:29 am »
Building Your Gun: Easier Than You Think
You may be thinking that building your own firearm with an 80 percent AR lower is going to be too much work or too difficult. This is not the case. If you have a garage, we have
the tools you need and there are thousands of people building firearms today.

https://jsdsupply.com/benefits-of-using-80-percent-ar-lowers-instead-of-prebuilt/
This site is marketing 80% gun as a way of avoiding all the regulations.  In other words condoning criminalization of fire arms.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2021, 11:06:02 am »
a 5 year old  right. no pointless hyperbole here.  :wink: :wink:
 The LAW still applies, the maker of the firearm manufactured from that kit MUST apply the serial number.   
I don't have to buy a kit from them or any other source of 80% components.  If I have the skills (which I don't, neither do most people, particularly a 5 year old), I can build my own from scratch, legally, as long as I follow the law. The law already covers all of your arguments!
It is not a loophole, it is a right.  I can make a stick, I can make a knife, I can make a sword, I can make an ax, I can make a halberd, I can make a cannon (which I did in high school. A fun little 14" bronze popper that actually fired a projectile) and I can make a rifle, all legal expressions of my 1st and 2nd amendment rights.  All legal, because I have the right to defend myself from not only the low-life jack-wagon that steals your wife's .22 rifle, but also from you and your low-life jack-wagon demoRat politicians that think I don't have the right to defend myself with arms I have made myself.

PS,  when you do teach that 5 year old to build a kit gun, be certain you permanently apply your serial number so that you are Legal!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 11:23:50 am by Hops Brewster »
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2021, 10:42:34 am »
If I have the skills (which I don't, neither do most people, particularly a 5 year old),
  The 5 year old doesn't have the skill until I teach him.  The point is the 5 year old has the capability.
PS,  when you do teach that 5 year old to build a kit gun, be certain you permanently apply your serial number so that you are Legal!

I don't need to be legal the 5 year old does and the 5 year old can't be prosecuted as an adult.  So here again we have another loop hole. :wink:
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline paus

• Field Bee
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2021, 12:35:07 pm »
I have a question.  How many of the mass shootings, or for that matter any shooting, has the criminal used a "Ghost Gun".  If none , then why are we helping the Anti Gun people spread their propaganda?

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

salvo

« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2021, 12:28:06 pm »
Hi Folks,

WOW!

Ban ghost guns! Save twenty-five.

Ban illegal possession of guns in Chicago. Save THOUSANDS!

More poor people, men women and children, die trying to cross Joe's border. What about their small lives? Where's the GREATER GOOD?

Man's inhumanity to man.

BAN GHOST GUNS! SAVE TWENTY-FIVE!

Really?

Sal

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2021, 02:41:11 pm »
Banning any firearm is not the answer.  Holding manufacturers accountable for supporting criminals activity is.  It is not known the extent of criminal activity because not all criminals come to justice.
Paus had a question.  I gave him an answer.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline paus

• Field Bee
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2021, 05:56:05 pm »
Thanks for the info.  Some of these accounts I would take to task, the IKEA assembly comparison in particular.  I am a retired Instrumentation Engineer and I have a shop that is the envy of many, but there is no way that I have the knowledge or tools to assemble an AR type rifle.  I worked in a Federal Prison and I was fortunate enough  to see many of the weapons that were manufactured in that prison, under the watchful eyes of the security staff.  There were pistols. knives garrotes, etc.  Guns were made from cot legs, conduit scrapes.  Propellant was made from matches, projectiles from chewed up aluminum, cot springs, silverware from mess hall and rocks.  Yes they were used successfully and they were fatal. If this is what happens in prison it is scary to think what the cartels are capable of creating in back street shops.  Criminals have never been disarmed, you know the rest of this sentence.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2021, 02:46:24 pm »
Holding manufacturers accountable for supporting criminals activity is.

how do gun manufacturers support criminal activity?  Do car manufacturers support drunk driving?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2021, 08:35:58 am »
Holding manufacturers accountable for supporting criminals activity is.

how do gun manufacturers support criminal activity?

By marketing to them
Do car manufacturers support drunk driving?
Not directly.  But the courts could install a DWI bracelet on an offender that prevents any car from starting with out a Breathalyzer test.  This would require car manufacturers cooperation.  If the manufacturer refuses then they would be supporting drunk driving.  Just like a gun manufacturer that refuses measures that reduce illegal use of the fire arm.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2021, 08:44:40 am »
Brian,
? Not directly.  But the courts could install a DWI bracelet on an offender that prevents any car from starting with out a Breathalyzer test.  This would require car manufacturers cooperation.  If the manufacturer refuses then they would be supporting drunk driving.  Just like a gun manufacturer that refuses measures that reduce illegal use of the fire arm.?

What good would this do. If you have to wear a bracelet, you just use an older car. They already broke the law several times and drove drunk. Doesn?t matter what you force the manufacturer to do, they will get around it some how.
With your requirement, now everyone has to pay a higher cost for something they don?t want or need.
You could make the drunks add this device to every car that they drive at their expense.
But they would find a way to defeat it anyway.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2021, 09:06:45 am »
What good would this do. If you have to wear a bracelet, you just use an older car. They already broke the law several times and drove drunk. Doesn?t matter what you force the manufacturer to do, they will get around it some how.

Well it does matter.  The seat belt law has saved millions of lives.  Old cars don't last forever.  The ones that are left are cherished and would not be accessible to drunk drivers.  You are thinking like a true republican and lets do nothing ... the problem will go away.  I believe that was Trumps plan for covid.  Cost him the election when he was a shoe in.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2021, 11:07:22 am »
> Well it does matter. Old cars don't last forever.  The ones that are left are cherished and would not be accessible to drunk drivers.

Ah haa haa;  This belongs in the comedy section! ......  Entertainment  is guaranteed with you Brian. :cheesy: Thanks for the smile!  You are a mess!!  (A southern expression meaning you are entertaining).  A complement... 
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2021, 01:32:38 pm »
You are thinking like a true republican and lets do nothing

We have had this conversation before but I'll try once more.  What the left is proposing is that manufactures of guns be held liable if their guns are used in crimes.  That's like saying Ford motor company should be held responsible if their cars are used in a crime like drunk driving. 

We don't punish Ford for a criminal misusing their product.  We punish Ford if their product is defective.

Punishing a firearms manufacturer because a criminal uses their product to commit the crime is stupid. 

No one says that we should do nothing.  What we should do is go after the criminals and enforce the laws we already have.  Making it more difficult for people to legally own weapons does not do anything about criminals.  If criminals followed laws they wouldn't be criminals, would they?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2021, 03:03:33 pm »
Don't bother Ford for drunk drivers, but sue the heck out of them if a Ford in used in a robbery or kidnapping. Would that make the libs happy?

How about a hit and run? Now that would be the same as using a gun to commit a crime......

BUT THAT WOULDN'T FIT THEIR AGENDA
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2021, 09:01:04 am »
What we should do is go after the criminals and enforce the laws we already have.
That is exactly what we have now and the result is the jails are filled with non white people.  The most recent crime is white people filling up garbage bags full of gasoline.  Have you heard any one being prosecuted?  This happened in FL where the pipeline had 0 effect on the delivery of gasoline in FL.  Every gas station has a camera.  No way they don't know who the criminals are.  All they know is that they are white.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2021, 09:07:57 am »
Punishing a firearms manufacturer because a criminal uses their product to commit the crime is stupid. 
So the Sackler family should get off scott free?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2021, 11:24:44 am »
The Sacklers should be just as liable as the sellers of morphine, don't you think? No less, and no MORE.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*