Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ghost Guns  (Read 23997 times)

Online gww

• Super Bee
Re: Ghost Guns
« Reply #160 on: May 26, 2021, 10:36:30 pm »
Peaceful because you don't allow your self to be baited into violence is a pretty funny kind of peace.

The rights dog whistles don't count at all to some.
People going to the capitol did not strike the first blow in this case and conflating what was going on to everything going on may miss the point of who in this case was striking the first blow.  Unless of course you think two wrongs is the same as two plus two equals four.

Otherism seems to be the rights biggest defense for all bad things that happen.

There are bad on all sides but that does not mean there are no legitimate items to address.
Using otherism to dismiss the good and bad things alike rather then addressing the good is never going to solve anything.

ferguson had more governing issues compared to surrounding place more then just killing a black kid.
Cheers
gww

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #161 on: May 26, 2021, 10:39:12 pm »
gww, all the info I had was your post. I got the idea from it that the march was totally bussed. I had no idea it was a 6 day walk. As I said before, your post lacks a lot of truth. I read your link fully, and I would never got the same thoughts from it as I did from your posts.
I think it's called the lib's spin??
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #162 on: May 26, 2021, 10:49:58 pm »
The rights dog whistles don't count at all to some.
People going to the capitol did not strike the first blow in this case and conflating what was going on to everything going on may miss the point of who in this case was striking the first blow.  Unless of course you think two wrongs is the same as two plus two equals four.

What dog whistles are these?

The fist blow was struck when the "hands up, don't shoot"  lie was told and people jumped on that and started to riot and loot.

Furguson may have other issues, but they are not what ignited what is going on 2 years of murder and destruction.  BLM sure has done well with it all though, haven't they? 

Otherism seems to be the rights biggest defense for all bad things that happen.

There are bad on all sides but that does not mean there are no legitimate items to address.
Using otherism to dismiss the good and bad things alike rather then addressing the good is never going to solve anything

Claiming "otherism" is a nice way to try to shut people up.  You may have noticed that it doesn't work with me.

The questions are simple.  Why does a segment of the black community want to hold up criminals as role models?  Why do we expect and accept that a segment of society is going to riot when they don't get their way?  Let's be honest.  Rioting, looting, and burning things has become the expected reaction from the left for anything they don't like.  That's why people were so surprised and caught off guard by the Jan 6th riot in DC.  How many other things like that from the right can you name?

Yes there are things to address.  We can multi-task.  We can address police issues and we can address destructive leftist issues. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #163 on: May 27, 2021, 12:05:47 am »
ben
You jump to the conclusion that there was no business owner on that buss that came from Ferguson to go to Jefferson city.

Where do you get off saying there were no every day ferguson citizens on that bus.  You guess what was not reported.  It was members of the community petitioning the state government.  They were bussing in folks from ferguson to jeff city and you insinuate to riot.  It is your blanket statement that has nothing to do with the truth.  We were talking about busses going to the capitol from ferguson.  It is your statement about those busses not mine.  You round about justify they should be met with hate for driving though a town based on your stated pre-belief of what was on the busses in two statements now.

I may not deserve or want your respect if to get it is to have to put facts never shown in any way to be true so that hate can be justified.  All my town did was prove to jeff city that those on the busses must be right and there is a lot of hate out there.  The closest to rioting that happened in my town came from my town due to a couple of busses passing though on their way to somewhere else.
Cheers
gww
Ps I did not call you an idiot, I said you statement was idiotic.  I still like some people in my town but that does not mean they can not be wrong sometime (real wrong).  Like all, they need to be praised for their good and but not helped in their bad cause none of us are jesus.

> " I may not deserve or want your respect"
Ps I did not call you an idiot, I said you statement was idiotic.

Don't worry yourself about it. You were clear enough for once....

My statement I made, which you named idiotic was a direct reflection of my thoughts and questions to you. I made an honest attempt to understand the odd situation and facts you were talking about. Good honest questions and not one of my questions was out of line or insulting or idiotic .. But you were... You took one statement and blew it up and out of order and proportion, in order to insult me.

>ben
":You jump to the conclusion that there was no business owner on that buss that came from Ferguson to go to Jefferson city."

What an (use your word {idiotic} it fits), statement you just made. Until your last post; post number 153, I had no idea where the bus came from or who was on it because you did not say until 153.  You did not disclose who was on it, from your description it could have very well been rioters of looters. "THEY BUSSED PEOPLE to Jefferson City" You did not disclose the purpose of why "they were bussed". The only thing prior to what or where the bus was going was as follows in your first post. 
>"During the Ferguson protest a few years ago they bussed people to the state capitol and the route went though the little white town where I live in all the people around here gathered along the road with hate signs.  Idiots."

Again you did not say what people were bussed. Looters, rioters, BLM, prisoners lawyers, preachers, prisoners of the riots, or even Santa Clause, as I said before I can not read your mind.
Why do you think I ask you all the questions? From previous conversations with you I have learned I must ask you questions and dig for facts if I wish for a clear understand of your thoughts and meaning of, or what you are even talking about or attempting to say, in many cases. This was again what I was doing, trying to have an intelligent conversation with you.  This misunderstanding is just proof once again why it is almost impossible for me to have a reasonable conversation with you, You seem ready to leach out with low down insults at any unprovoked opportunity at any time without notice.

I have told you before, I am not a mind reader, and if I were, I seriously doubt I would be able to read yours. Never, out of all the, "stuff" you have said do I recall naming your statements as idiotic or stupid no matter how they may seem to come across. Though others here of the forum sometimes do use such words In the coffeehouse section, Constitution section, or second amendment section toward one another when frustrated or exasperated with the other. First of all it is not nice, second of all it is against the rules and disrespectful to the person who is being insulted.  Rule or no rule I will not tolerate such out of line insults without telling you as I am doing now. But to be honest it's getting a little old trying to reasonably communicate with you. It seems to wind up with your attacks and insults time and time again.

>Where do you get off saying there were no every day ferguson citizens on that bus.  You guess what was not reported.  It was members of the community petitioning the state government.

AGAIN Until your last post 153, All you said was;
"they bussed people to the state capitol and the route went though the little white town"  You did not say who 'they' was that bussed the people out, or who was bussed out that was placed on the bussed to be bussed out or why..  Or where they were bussed from. Until now post 153 You finally disclosed that the bus which came through your hometown was leaving OUT from Ferguson to Jefferson City for petitions sake.

Considering the trauma those poor victimized business owners had endured and were enduring , probably traumatized beyond description from the reign of terror that they and their families had witnessed and endured. Business owners both white and black and probably other colors in between, why would they hop on a bus or as you put it be "bussed" out to Jefferson for petitions sake. What do your well paid representatives and senators get paid for? Why should they have to be "bussed" to be heard and recognized? Why did your state not put a stop the looting and rioting and killing? If this WAS a bus load of FORMER business owners, they should have been helped without partitions or being "bussed". Ferguson should have been helped without partitions. What are the facts? Since you are the expert, calling my statement "idiotic".
Without being vague, WHO EXACTLY OR IN PARTICULAR was being"bussed", victimized business owners?

Never mind, what was I thinking, I am only setting myself for more of your uncalled for insults. Besides, you might have been the driver of the bus as far as I know..... 

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2021, 12:49:34 am »
This thread has become very hostile. Too many insults thrown back and forth. I?m locking it down. We still don?t make direct insults.
Before you post again, please review the bylaws and abide by the rules. You all have been around long enough to know you went to far.
Take a breath and think before you type.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin