MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

The Life of the Outlaw

<< < (2/6) > >>

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on June 06, 2019, 12:59:13 am ---This old fellow had some good songs.  :grin:

PS I like Gunsmoke also! Doc, Festus, and the gang. 

--- End quote ---
Festus is my favorite.  I like how he tries to make out like he's all tough and nasty, but he's secretly nice.  Marshall Dillon is great too.  Did you know that James Arness was 6' 6"!  Almost all the other actors on the show are wearing lifts either from self-esteem issues or because the height difference was so great between them and Arness that without lifts they couldn't fit both actors in the frame.  Arness was also a purple heart and bronze star recipient in WWII.             

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: The15thMember on June 06, 2019, 01:51:41 pm ---
--- Quote from: Ben Framed on June 06, 2019, 12:59:13 am ---This old fellow had some good songs.  :grin:

PS I like Gunsmoke also! Doc, Festus, and the gang. 

--- End quote ---
Festus is my favorite.  I like how he tries to make out like he's all tough and nasty, but he's secretly nice.  Marshall Dillon is great too.  Did you know that James Arness was 6' 6"!  Almost all the other actors on the show are wearing lifts either from self-esteem issues or because the height difference was so great between them and Arness that without lifts they couldn't fit both actors in the frame.  Arness was also a purple heart and bronze star recipient in WWII.             

--- End quote ---

Yeah Festus was my favorite also. He and Doc were always into it yet they cared for each other. But would not admit it for the world! Kinda reminds me of Iddee, Ace, and Cider. Haa haa 😊.  Ms Kitty was a smart, intelligent, woman who knew her way around with the nature of humans. She could read trouble as soon as it walked through the swinging doors. James Arness played  the good part as Matt Dillon the law man. He rarely showed emotion, his  character went strictly by the law, and strictly enforced the law when necessary. He never spoke of personal family so the entire dodge city was his family. He  kept the peace when talk would work. Or the gun if absolutely necessary. . A friend to law abiders.  And a dreaded enemy of crooks.

rast:
My favorite Marty Robbins story is when he he was illegal at Daytona during practice just to be able to pass his friend Richard Petty on the track.

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: rast on August 09, 2019, 10:40:16 pm ---My favorite Marty Robbins story is when he he was illegal at Daytona during practice just to be able to pass his friend Richard Petty on the track.

--- End quote ---

Thats funny rast, I wonder what Richard thought when Marty flew by Him!! ??   Probably, Man this can not be happening!
Phillip

Ben Framed:
https://youtu.be/dwUnXepURzI

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version