Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Will Rogers on war  (Read 3065 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Will Rogers on war
« on: March 21, 2019, 09:18:24 am »
"If you want to know when a war might be coming, you just watch the U.S. and see when it starts cutting down on its defenses. It's the surest barometer in the world."--Will Rogers

"We are the only nation in the world that waits till we get into a war before we start getting ready for it."--Will Rogers

"Diplomats are just as essential to starting a war as soldiers are for finishing it... You take diplomacy out of war, and the thing would fall flat in a week."--Will Rogers

"I originated a remark many years ago that I think has been copied more than any little thing that I've ever said, and I used it in the follies of 1922. I said America has a unique record. We never lost a war and we never won a conference in our lives. I believe that we could without any degree of egotism, single-handed lick any nation in the world. But we can't confer with Costa Rica and come home with our shirts on."--Will Rogers

"The only real diplomacy ever performed by a diplomat is in deceiving their own people after their dumbness has got them into a war."--Will Rogers

"The French couldn't hate us any more unless we helped 'em out in another war."--Will Rogers
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Will Rogers on war
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 04:39:53 am »
Mr Rogers demonstrated wisdom in a humerus way many times.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Will Rogers on war
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 09:10:17 am »
The first two are especially very true.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin