ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > GARDENING AROUND THE HOUSE

Any products you recommend to repel deer?

<< < (4/4)

Beelank:
Found that interplanting a very aromatic variety of rosemary/basil amongst the deer-favorites has repelled the fiends partially. Experimenting with foxglove, Russian Sage, Yarrow, and Lavender. I?ve noticed that the deer steer clear of my herbal tea/kitchen garden which has plenty of Lavenders, Rosemaries, Basils, and Mints.
I know Daffodils repel them to some extent, but Daffs prevent other competitors from growing near them, so I plant only as a fence border.

Plinsc:
 I?m trying a 5? fence with 2 wires above it the top being at 7?, then on the inside of the garden, 4? from the fence, running 6? t-posts in the corners and white clothesline between them.
 I saw it on YouTube from a guy in Colorado who originally used fishing line for his wires. It worked but the sun ate it up eventually and he switched to SS cables.

Bill Murray:
I used liquid fence. Once you get them off the same trail. You dont have to use it again until they wander onto your peas again.
Personally it has been 3 years for me.

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: Bill Murray on September 03, 2022, 08:48:03 pm ---I used liquid fence. Once you get them off the same trail. You dont have to use it again until they wander onto your peas again.
Personally it has been 3 years for me.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the information Bill. I had not heard of this product.

Phillip

Michael Bush:
I have tried blood meal with good results.  I have not tried it but have heard of using fishing line as a fence.  The deer can't see it and it worries them when they can't see it but they can feel it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version