MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

How do Flying Saucers deal with such G-Force?

<< < (5/7) > >>

dusanmal:
Metaphysics is fine, but as a real Physicist I can offer you a theoretical answer that even NASA considers viable, be it beyond our technological abilities. It is called Alcubierre Warp Drive, see short description at NASA site

.nasa.gov/centers/glenn/technology/warp/ideachev.html#alcub

Simplified, if we can somehow create matter with certain unusual properties we can make a space-time bubble around our spaceship, which gives two benefits. First, we could exceed speed of light as seen from outside, because our physical matter ship would experience only an immovable inside of such bubble while bubble itself could propagate as space itself with no limits. Second, as we'd be in that immovable inside, no acceleration of the bubble itself would be felt by us. We could accelerate very fast to faster than light speed, travel ... and, voila, turn, stop, restart... at any bubble speed and acceleration while not feeling any effects inside.
So, you see, aliens in UFOs who would have such faster than light tech to reach us here, could by the same token zip, zig and zag at will ...

Richard M:

--- Quote from: beemaster on November 15, 2009, 11:35:35 pm ---How do Flying Sausers deal with such G-Force?

--- End quote ---

Simple answer : They don't.

divemaster1963:
Personally I think that with the propulsion system they would use the are producing a field around the craft that wouldblock outside forces. This would off set any outside gravity that is present.

Trekkey first class in mine own mind.( Scotty was the boss)
John

herbhome:
This is really a huge question when it comes to space travel and light speed. Another concern is the rapid loss of bone density that occurs to all of our astronauts that have spent long periods of time weightless.

Michael Bush:
>This is really a huge question when it comes to space travel and light speed. Another concern is the rapid loss of bone density that occurs to all of our astronauts that have spent long periods of time weightless.

Well, if you maintain at least one G of forward acceleration for the whole trip the bone loss should be minimal...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version