Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Merit Badge Pamphlet  (Read 9363 times)

Offline qbert

• New Bee
Merit Badge Pamphlet
« on: April 17, 2010, 04:51:28 pm »
I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could get a description of the requirements for the beekeeping merit badge. I remember when I was in the BSA as a kid they used to have these great pamphlets that detailed the requirements and background knowledge necessary for successful completion of the award. I've done some internet searches but haven't come across anything for this particular merit badge. I think this is important because apparently one of the reasons the beekeeping merit badge met its demise is that the requirements were a bit too difficult to fulfill and scouts just weren't that interested in committing. Thanks.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Merit Badge Pamphlet
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 09:40:01 pm »
It is my understanding that if the merit badge gets reinstated,  the requirements will also be redone.  I believe Dr.Dewey Caron has offered to lead a group of experts in defining the new version of the requirements.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline TemeculaBeek

• New Bee
Re: Merit Badge Pamphlet
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 05:55:57 am »
http://meritbadge.org/wiki/index.php/Beekeeping

This site is updated regularly with all the current and former merit badges. I use it frequently.

anything