Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: VENTRILO CHAT RUNNING  (Read 1364 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
VENTRILO CHAT RUNNING
« on: November 15, 2006, 01:26:40 pm »
Sorry guys for the down time on Ventrilo from Tuesday around 11:30pm until 12:00am. I rebooted my PC here and it obviously timed out before I had a chance to activate it. All is running as well as always.

Those of you still having not tried the Voice Chat Software, whether you are on Dial-up or T1, you can use this wonderful software to talk with fellow members around the Globe. To date, over 20 people have came in and either text or voice chatted and it seems nearly every day we get someone new joining us in chat.

Easy to download and install - just go to www.ventrilo.com click on downloads and choose the Windows version (if you have a Windows compatible system) download and install. Setup is easy, but if you need help, come in when others are chatting, we all are very helpful at getting you setup in minutes.

Quick note. Many people have NEVER used their mic. This means chances are you need to activate it in your WINDOWS VOLUME MASTER (double click the "Speaker Icon" in the task-bar) to the lower right of your desktop. Choose advanced properties/record and check the box next to mic to turn it on.

After that, setup is easy and to simplify your setup, in the setup screen in Ventrilo (click on the two gear icon to enter setup) you will see a HOTKEY option on the left slide of the screen - click there with the mouse, then click a key you wish to use as a TRANSMIT KEY for talking. Most users choose the LEFT CTRL KEY, but any NON-REPEATING KEY (stay away from letters and numbers, they repeat if you hold them down) will do fine.

I know we mention Ventrilo often here. That is because TALKING is a wonderful way to both communicate of many subjects and more importantly, make friends. I think of the members of the forums as family, a strong community we have all built and I'm proud to be a part of it. With Voice Chat, we enter each others home LIVE and uncut, we become more realistic in the eyes and minds of fellow members and we all bond and grow because of it. I hope to see many more people take the next step in forum communications and join us - I promise, it will be a fun time that you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Best wishes.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.