Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Warmer weather on the way, like tomorrow 2/1/19 and last 5 days.  (Read 2815 times)

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Warmer weather on the way, like tomorrow 2/1/19 and last 5 days.
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 01:22:15 pm »
Yeah, I'll probably pop the top and see what it looks like in there, but I won't pull any frames or anything like that.  I'm not overly concerned about their food honestly, they had more than the recommended amount of honey going into the winter, and I did put a couple sugar bricks in the hive a week or two ago just to be safe.  The cluster is in the top box, so I probably shouldn't screw with the brood nest (if there is one) if it's going to be cold again.  I'm curious to know if there is a brood nest; that's really the reason I'd want to inspect.  But I also don't want to investigate the brood at the expense of damaging the brood.  The girls have been flying for a few days now and are bringing in pollen and that makes me think there might be brood, but I just don't know.  I'd also love to know where they are getting this pollen, because to my eye nothing is blooming yet!   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.