Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Re-queening from a nuc  (Read 6576 times)

Van, Arkansas, USA

Re: Re-queening from a nuc
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2018, 07:05:54 pm »
Phillip: reading Brother Adam book, he did mention and did see the viciousness of the African honey Bee.  I can tell you from reading his book, Beekeeping at Buckfast Abbey, ,Brother Adam wanted nothing to do with the vicious African Honey Bee.

Keep in mind, not all Bees in Africa are vicious.  In fact Brother Adam collected several queens from Africa but they were from gentle hives.  His prize was a solid black queen collected from a man made hive from the Mountain.  I believe Brother Adam was in his eighties, 80 when he made his last trip to Africa.  Like I said earlier, he traveled the world collecting queens.
Blessings

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2018, 07:12:29 pm »
Phillip: reading Brother Adam book, he did mention and did see the viciousness of the African honey Bee.  I can tell you from reading his book, Beekeeping at Buckfast Abbey, ,Brother Adam wanted nothing to do with the vicious African Honey Bee.

Keep in mind, not all Bees in Africa are vicious.  In fact Brother Adam collected several queens from Africa but they were from gentle hives.  His prize was a solid black queen collected from a man made hive from the Mountain.  I believe Brother Adam was in his eighties, 80 when he made his last trip to Africa.  Like I said earlier, he traveled the world collecting queens.
Blessings

Thanks Van, with your information, I can hardly wait to read the book myself!  This sounds like a blessed man as well as a blessing to mankind. Especially beekeeping.. Thank you for sharing your kmodlege of him. Sincerely, Phillip 
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline jimineycricket

• House Bee
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2018, 11:28:23 pm »
Watch this video. It is about Buckfast Bees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4j9tSneoL4

It will link you four more in the series.
jimmy

Offline beepro

• Field Bee
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2018, 05:04:53 am »
To clean up the drone layer hive, I had distributed the bee frame with attaching bees into other queen
right hive before.    Let's say you have 10 hives with a laying queen.  Then each hive will receive a frame of
bees from the DL hive.   

Since DL hive may or may not be queen right, you have to further inspect this hive.   

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2018, 11:16:55 am »
Watch this video. It is about Buckfast Bees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4j9tSneoL4

It will link you four more in the series.

jimineycricket
This is a good video series!!  Thank you for posting. We are very fortunate to have the information available  that has been accumulated and built upon by these pioneers from the beginning until now...
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.