Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: UltraBreeze vs. Golden Bee Full Suits  (Read 5965 times)

Offline 2Stings

• New Bee
UltraBreeze vs. Golden Bee Full Suits
« on: June 08, 2018, 10:12:45 am »
Hi All,

I know this subject has been discussed many times, but I would like your input comparing UltraBreeze vs. Golden Bee suits.   My bee allergy is getting worse so I've got to really prevent stings now.   Keeping veil away from face is important for me.  Thank you all in advance.

George

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
Re: UltraBreeze vs. Golden Bee Full Suits
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 12:43:19 pm »
UltraBreeze has been around for several years AFIK, and get good comments from users here.  This post of yours is the first time I've heard of Golden Bee.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline VermontHoneyBee

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 12:52:56 pm »
I am sort of new but I can tell you that I have been to several classes and I noticed that my suit was really not all that good, even though I paid a lot of money for it.  Everyone I see with Ultrabreeze swears by them so I decided to invest a little more money and bought one.  I have been using it for a week and it is such a nice suit.  After a week, I agree that this suite is made so well that I will never buy another.  Not to mention that unless I catch on fire, I can't imagine I will need another suit anytime soon.  It is really well made.

The commercial beekeeper that teaches the classes I go to wears one and so does his wife.  Thanks

Offline texanbelchers

• House Bee
    • Mark Belcher
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 02:42:07 pm »
The full length leg zipper on the Ultrabreeze is a major selling point.  My backup suit only has a 6" zipper and it is always a fight.  Of course, if you are getting a jacket that will not be an issue.

In any case, a little larger is always better than too small.  A tight suit leads to stings.

Offline gailmo

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 03:50:24 pm »
 I have a Golden bee full suit and love it.  I bought it about 5 years ago after one of my hives became viral and I couldn?t work it wearing my usual outfit.  I bought the Golden Bee because I am short and a bit ?stout?.  Suzee was able to take my measurements and make a suit that fits me PERFECTLY.  No baggy legs?long sleeves or tight hip area.  It is perfect.  In the years I have had it, I think I have had two stings wearing it.  One, I didn?t get the zips closed tightly?and the second, I was carrying a super and a bee got caught between me and the box.  The stinger was able to get me through the mesh.  But that is it.  The darn suit is bee proof?!  I wash it once a year?so it looks pretty worn, but still is usable.  All the zips and Velcro still work fine. I did burn a hole in the leg when I got too close to my smoker, but I sewed on a patch.  One of the leg ties came out and I have been too lazy to put it back in?but other than that, it still is a great suit.  For me, the secret is to wear it with nothing but underware ?. Forget T-shirt?s or shorts.  Panties and bra only.  That way the breeze can blow through the mesh and dissipate your sweat.  It is a great suit and well worth the expense.  For me, the critical factor was being able to buy something that fit my squatty body.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 05:57:35 pm »
Panties and bra only.
Must be a sight changing in the trunk. LOL
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline beepro

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 11:16:45 pm »
LOL, Ace.  Of all the things you have to focus!

I'd say if you don't want a tight suit then buy it one size up.  For example, if you wear medium size then buy the
large size.  This way you will rarely get sting.   I took this advice and got a bigger size suit without any issue.
During the winter time, I also do beekeeping so wearing the layers underneath works for me.  By comparison both suits have
good review so far.  If it is then the price is the determining factor.

Offline rockink

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 12:37:58 am »
I'm new to beekeeping and have been stung several times until I recently purchased this suit from the link below. The protection from stings is awesome and its also vented. I would recommend this suit to anyone looking for protection against stings.

https://naturalapiary.com/collections/zephyros-protect-beekeeping-suit-jacket-veils

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 04:54:44 pm »
I have both and both work well.  Similar quality.  The ultra breeze suit has better ventilation because it is missing several solid patches of cloth that are on the golden bee products suit.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 04:32:35 pm »
Here is the new kid on the block- Guardian Bee Apparel Rusty's Review https://honeybeesuite.com/perfect-bee-suit/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnmfQlvVlzs

John 3:16

Offline VermontHoneyBee

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 04:53:32 pm »
Interestingly enough, I did order this suite from them and it arrived today.  You would think I would be happy but....
Problem - The one that they sent me is not the breathable kind but the canvas type

They are sending me one more suit and will be here on Friday. 

The video is a little cheese   :wink:

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 06:41:24 pm »
Interestingly enough, I did order this suite from them and it arrived today.  You would think I would be happy but....
Problem - The one that they sent me is not the breathable kind but the canvas type

They are sending me one more suit and will be here on Friday. 

The video is a little cheese   :wink:

Yea video is a little cheezy.....  :cheesy:
John 3:16

Offline OjaB

• New Bee
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 04:05:06 pm »
I have tried a couple of different suits and honestly the one that I enjoy the best is the Tyvek full body with the Respirator Hood. I use the Respirator hood as a secondary to the veil. It IS very cheap, and I don't have the same issues with allergies to worry about, but if you buy them from Dupont directly then they are even cheaper than if you get them on Amazon.

I have a more expensive suit but it is uncomfortable. Additionally, the Tyveks are great for 'visitors' who just want to come and look at the hive without doing any of the actual work. I'd recommend them.

https://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Disposable-Protective-Coverall-Respirator-Fit/dp/B00821JGDQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1529002910&sr=8-2&keywords=tivex+suit

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 05:06:15 pm »
Ojab,
They look very hot. With 95% humidity and 95 degree days, I don?t think I could use it.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 05:17:24 pm »
Is Tyvek impenetrable to a bee stinger?  I thought Tyvek is porous.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 05:27:49 pm »
Tyvec is very thin. Bees can stin through it.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline 2Stings

• New Bee
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 12:22:15 am »
Thank you for all the input.  I've ordered a Golden Bee full suit.  Basically they are custom made and have more distance in the front of the veil so you don't get chin stings.  This is the suit many fire depts and county vector control agencies order.   Not a fancy website.  You actually call to place order.  They take your measurements  to make the suit fit correctly.  Gloves are included. 

After I get it I will post again with my experiences.   

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2018, 02:25:08 pm »
Here is the new kid on the block- Guardian Bee Apparel Rusty's Review https://honeybeesuite.com/perfect-bee-suit/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnmfQlvVlzs

Thanks sc-bee. I watched the video, and this looks like a good concept to me.  Very handy!!  One of those ideas that's make me ask, wonder why this wasn't done years ago! 😁 
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline moebees

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2018, 02:52:23 pm »
Another zipper to malfunction or leave open and the visibility looks really bad.  The best veil design I have ever seen is the Bee Accessories suit from New Zealand.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Iy64XdQei4
Unfortunately they seem to be out of business.  Their website never responded to contact requests.
Bee-keeping is like raising Martians  - Isabella Rosselini

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 06:12:21 pm »
Another zipper to malfunction or leave open and the visibility looks really bad.  The best veil design I have ever seen is the Bee Accessories suit from New Zealand.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Iy64XdQei4
Unfortunately they seem to be out of business.  Their website never responded to contact requests.

Yes that veil looks promising also Moe. Does the suit come in the three layer "breeze" type material? This one looks like a pressure cooker to me. 
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

anything