Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Internal regulation in a winter nuc hive  (Read 7628 times)

Offline beepro

• Field Bee
Re: Internal regulation in a winter nuc hive
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2018, 08:36:47 pm »
I will set up 2 group of bees this season.  One is for my little test or experiment and the other
is just for the normal hives with minimal hands on approach.  Make splits from the normal hives and take them
to the open field for expansion.   This is going to be my out yard so that I don't have to keep on buying bees anymore.

I finally got fed up with not having any bees and bought a 10 frame hive from a local Russian beekeeper last week.  Then split it into 2 five frame nucs.   They are
making QCs already.   I'm back to this hobby again.   Now all of my back yard fruit trees can be pollinated this Spring.  Two more
weeks before the almond  and peach trees bloom.   I don't want to miss this occasion so I bought this hive at a premium. 

Ace, I cannot help it but to run another little QC test.   On the 4th day, while the larva is developing, I injected half ml of RJ into the cell today.
Everyday before the cell is cap I will inject another half ml of RJ into it.   I have the small insemination glass capillary with a syringe to do this trick.   I want to know if the added RJ will benefit the developing  and later laying queen or not.   

http://imgbox.com/ShvDXtB8