Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beekeeping with 25 hives  (Read 2113 times)

Offline johnwratcliff

• New Bee
Beekeeping with 25 hives
« on: August 15, 2017, 10:08:31 pm »
Has anyone read this book? It was recommended to me by another beek.  Looks interesting. Just wanted to see any has read it

http://25hives.homestead.com/index.html

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Beekeeping with 25 hives
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 10:46:24 am »
Probably just me, but there's too much talk about making money on the first few sentences. This thread may fall in the "no advertisement" zone.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 11:39:36 am »
GSF,

I appreciate your keen eye for what looks to be a "money making" ad.  I don't know johnwratcliff, but I do know of Grant Gillard the author of Beekeeping with 25 Hives, who is a Presbyterian Pastor in Missouri and is not in it for the money.

johnwratcliff,
I have not read the book,  but I know someone who has and based upon that  we did an audio conference with Mr Gillard last year and I would encourage anyone who is interested to take a listen -> http://beeimprovement.com/audio-library/
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline johnwratcliff

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 08:33:38 am »
Robo
I'll listen. Thanks. I'm probably going to buy. No harm in reading too much.

Although I quite understand what gsf means when he refers to the no advertisements.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 09:32:18 am »
In fairness to GSF, the majority of the time e-books are bought up on the forum it is usually just and advertisement ploy.   Unfortunately with the surge of folks getting into beekeeping we see a lot of e-books from people with little to no real beekeeping experience trying to make a buck.   That is not this case.  Grant is a well experienced beekeeper with good knowledge to share,  I think you will find it a worthwhile read.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 10:40:43 am »
Thanks Robo, I didn't have any knowledge of this person... now you got me interested (lol)
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline johnwratcliff

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 07:00:56 am »
I listened to that talk. I'm going to buy the kindle book. I can always use the organizational help. 

Offline minz

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 11:11:18 pm »
Title sounds good but I could find nothing at either of two counties that I have libraries and none at the Powell?s Used and New books.  Amazon says he has 63 titles and this is down as a manuscript.
Maybe it is the digital age.

Poor decisions make the best stories.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 08:17:11 am »
You can find all his books here -> http://grantgillard.weebly.com/my-books.html

Offline yes2matt

• Field Bee
  • Urban setting, no acaricides
    • Love Me Some Honey
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 04:48:59 pm »
I listened to that talk. I'm going to buy the kindle book. I can always use the organizational help.
I have that book on my Kindle. Dude needs to work with a good editor.

If you have a kindle, I might nudge you toward a program called "calibre" which will convert and manage contents from all sorts of sources, including the websites of Mr Bush and Mr Oliver, and classic texts from e.g. Mr Doolittle  found on archive.org.

Reading time is precious in my world.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Offline johnwratcliff

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 07:50:43 am »
I have to say that this book is worth it. I finished it the other day.  I'm not surprised by some of the comments bc I get it. What makes a goo read is that mix of cow and bull. Understand? I do recommend this to those who struggled with getting to all the tasks we have to or think we have to. Good read

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 10:52:33 am »
I have to say that this book is worth it. I finished it the other day.  I'm not surprised by some of the comments bc I get it. What makes a goo read is that mix of cow and bull. Understand? I do recommend this to those who struggled with getting to all the tasks we have to or think we have to. Good read

... "cow and bull" - I'm liking it :-D
Thanks for that feedback, I'll keep that tome in mind.

Cheers.

Bill

anything