Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 1 gallon of honey price  (Read 8038 times)

Offline Dr. B in Wisconsin

• House Bee
1 gallon of honey price
« on: May 13, 2014, 04:36:43 pm »
Hello everyone out there
Just a quick question, what would be a fair price to sell a gallon jar of honey?
Thanks for the input

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: 1 gallon of honey price
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 10:26:32 pm »
Hey Dr B, somewhere in the last couple of months there was a thread where folks gave the price of pints and quarts from their neck of the woods.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 11:34:41 pm »
Per the Bee Culture chart the price of a quart in your area is $12.35. Down here in Florida it is $24.00
That is for commercial honey not local honey.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline GLOCK

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 05:31:56 pm »
Per the Bee Culture chart the price of a quart in your area is $12.35. Down here in Florida it is $24.00
That is for commercial honey not local honey.
Jim
Wow I figured there would be lots of local honey in FL. being a big bee state and warm.
I get 15.00 a QT. I have seen it on line for 40.00 a QT. raw organic honey just crazy.
Say hello to the bad guy.
35hives  {T} OAV

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 12:25:35 am »
i'm seeing 18.00 a quart for local honey around here but there is one person selling what they claim is sourwood for next to nothing because the feed store is retailing it for 12.00 a quart.  i would think 50.00 a gallon for decent raw,  table grade honey would be more than fair.  there are a lot of 20-30 hive beekeepers in the area so somewhere with less beekeepers may have much higher prices. 

Offline tandemrx

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 09:26:02 pm »
I bottom out at $5 a pound.

So, I charge $60 for a gallon of honey and will knock off a couple bucks for their own container.

I am going to increase my prices this year as I had been selling 4lb bottles at $20, but will probably bump up to $24 this year.  I may still do $60 for a gallon in their own container.

I am a hobbyist though and I give 1/2 of my honey proceeds to local charities.

Offline AliciaH

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 11:54:01 am »
I'm getting $18/quart and $35 for a 1/2-gallon.  I stopped selling gallons ($60), because people REALLY went for the price break and it took a bite out of my supply.  Even now, I only pour a certain number of 1/2 gallons.  I only sell the honey I make at my farm, so I try to take care of the folks that only come in for quarts.  Also, the supply lasts from one season to the next so I rarely need to tell people I'm out.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 09:53:11 pm »
At least in my part of Dallas it seems the going price with hobbyist beekeepers is $20 a quart for raw, unfiltered honey with zip code on the bottle.   Have to be careful because there's a local company goes by Zip Code Honey....don't know if they've trademarked it or what, but it's very popular (and a good product).

Gary
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

anything