Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Field Sage problem  (Read 2218 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Field Sage problem
« on: December 12, 2015, 08:17:45 pm »
I just bought 5 acres across the road from me. It's covered with field sage. I've read different things about getting rid of it but was wondering if anyone has had any hands on success. Thanks
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Field Sage problem
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 08:28:56 pm »
Definitely. The soil is acidic. Lime the field and the sage will disappear.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 09:29:32 pm »
If you are talking about broomsedge, Idee is spot on. It thrives on poor acidic soil. Lime and fertilizer will wipe it out.
Neill

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 06:48:53 am »
It's called a couple of different names but that's what I'm talking about. I've read conflicting info on the eradication of it. Some say lime will make it worse, others say what you said Iddee. The hands on advice I'm getting from around here is lime it.

What effect will lime have on goldenrod?
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 09:32:02 am »
I can't say for sure, but I am guessing the same. I have goldenrod everywhere but in my "limed" pasture field.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

anything