Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Texas church shooting  (Read 17154 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Texas church shooting
« on: November 11, 2017, 12:46:45 pm »
Dallas Morning News page 1 story today says the survivors of the church shooting at Sutherland Springs Baptist Church are arming up and even one of the pastors is getting a concealed carry permit so they will no longer be vulnerable to the threat of a violent lunatic like they were a week ago.  They say a good man with a gun stopped a bad man with a gun and don't believe more stringent gun laws would prevent similar violence in the future.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Texas church shooting
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 02:10:16 pm »
About a year ago I heard a pastor in Jacksonxille was asking several of his members to carry and situated them in stragic locations in the church to pprotect the congregation.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 02:22:46 pm »
On the one hand it is very sad that it has come to this but on the other hand I'd feel safer in that church.
Neill

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 05:05:55 pm »
Yup.  society is broken.  All we can do is be prepared.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 01:22:27 am »
I know I go to church at ...There are several people with concealed weapons in the congregation ... 

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 07:25:15 am »
Come on ace. I want your opinion on this one!

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 09:46:49 am »
Come on ace. I want your opinion on this one!
No you don't.  There aren't enough good guys to protect me from a mentally deranged bad guy for every place I want to go.  There are too many armed guards in my life as it is.  More guns will not solve a problem of guns getting in the wrong hands.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 09:55:48 am »
One thing you have to admit, Ace. he good guy with a gun stopped him from killing more, that day or ever.

If a couple or more had been carrying in the church, the number shot would likely be 5 or 6, rather than 40 plus.

One gun in the wrong hand and 3 in the right hands is many times better than 2 in the wrong hands and none in the right hand.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 11:03:26 am »
Ace you had better go hide in the woods somewhere then. Cause you ain?t gonna get the guns outa the bad guys hands.

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 01:30:38 pm »
Here?s a feel good story for ya Ace.
https://youtu.be/clW2jtv6qFc

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
Texas church shooting
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 01:34:16 pm »
Here?s a spoof one. But thought I might rub it in a little.
https://youtu.be/EDWo6m5hbG4

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 02:10:01 pm »
One more good  one. https://youtu.be/XCZ2V4St5t0

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 02:25:46 pm »
Ok. One more than I?m done. This one made my jaw drop.

https://youtu.be/2ZGSQXmJPaQ

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 04:48:47 pm »
One thing you have to admit, Ace. he good guy with a gun stopped him from killing more, that day or ever.

Technically no.  A bad guy killed another bad guy.
What would have made a difference is if the gun law that was in place was followed NO ONE would have been killed and that is a fact that you will never admit.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 04:58:59 pm »

What would have made a difference is if the gun law that was in place was followed NO ONE would have been killed and that is a fact that you will never admit.
And a fact that you will never admit, is you won?t stop a bad guy from getting a gun! That?s as clear as the nose on your face.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 05:01:59 pm »
Cause you ain?t gonna get the guns outa the bad guys hands.

It makes it tougher to do when the good guy turns bad and gets cheered on.  As these scenarios continue the good guys will lose more of their freedoms not less.  The civilized world has changed away from the wild, wild west.  Things are not decided by gun rule on the spot anymore unless you are a drug lord or in a gang.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 05:04:32 pm »
And a fact that you will never admit, is you won?t stop a bad guy from getting a gun!

Why would I admit something that isn't true?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 05:19:51 pm »
""What would have made a difference is if the gun law that was in place was followed NO ONE would have been killed and that is a fact that you will never admit.""

Are you dreaming or just kidding??  If the laws in place were followed we wouldn't need a police force at all. As long as there are humans living, there will be laws broken and a need for people to respond to it.  A force equal to or superior to the lawbreaker's will always be needed, whether a gun or a super lazer, or just a human's muscle.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 06:03:05 pm »

So the only ?good guy? is the one who sits there like a baby?  Would have used another word, but there?s ladies on this forum.
The only ?good guy? is one who does nothing to defend the life of another?

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 07:07:11 pm »

Where is the evidence that Stephen Willeford was a bad guy?  He did everything right, down to having his guns in a safe that he went to when his daughter alerted him to the shooting.  Maybe because he's a plumber?  Or is it because he's a former NRA shooting instrctor?  What gives Ace the right to decide who's a bad guy and who's a (dead, probably) good guy?
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944