BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > CRAFTING CORNER

How does this candle mould work?

(1/1)

max2:
My candle mould has arrived.This is what it looks like:Silicone Candle Mold Pillar Plaster Wax Soap Making Aroma Arts Crafts Home Deco | eBay

The problem is I have no idea how to use it...
On the top end ( which you can't see) there is no hole for the wick?
I assumed that on the top end there would be a small hole to push the wick through. I assumed that i would use a bobby pin or something similar to hold the bottom end of the wick in the center and pour the wax into the holes.Any ideas?

Lesgold:
Hi max

I expect that you will have to push a needle through the silicone and then pull the wick through. You may have to purchase a long needle or use some long nose pliers to grab the point of the needle.

Ben Framed:
Maybe a long upholstery type needle will work Les?

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Lesgold on July 21, 2023, 05:18:39 am ---I expect that you will have to push a needle through the silicone and then pull the wick through. You may have to purchase a long needle or use some long nose pliers to grab the point of the needle.

--- End quote ---
Les is correct.  If you don't have a wicking needle (which is extremely long), you'll need to use whatever is the longest needle you have and a pair of pliers.  Do your best to center the needle hole in the tip, especially when wicking the mold for the first time, so that your wicks aren't off-center. 

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on July 21, 2023, 08:57:10 am ---Maybe a long upholstery type needle will work Les?

--- End quote ---
An upholstery needle would probably be a good substitute for a wicking needle. 

--- Quote from: max2 on July 21, 2023, 03:47:17 am ---I assumed that i would use a bobby pin or something similar to hold the bottom end of the wick in the center and pour the wax into the holes.

--- End quote ---

That's what I use. 

max2:
Looks like the needle I need:
https://candlemaking.com.au/products/long-needles-for-wicking-candle-moulds

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version