MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

OBE the TRANSCRIPS of Coast to Coast

<< < (3/3)

Questor:
I experienced the stroke on October 1st, 1972.  I missed all but the first month of my junior year in high school.  The funny thing was as I started the school year I was experiencing the most elated experience at that time in my life.  I was in swimming class in P.E. and I enjoyed swimming at the deep end of the pool.  At our pool the deep end was 12 feet deep.  I would swim down there and look around, enjoying the view.  At that time I was able to hold my breath a while.  

All my classes were amazingly easy now.  I was having the time of my life...no worries, no school problems.  I had signed up for a load of classes so I would be able to graduate high school in three years and I was well underway.  In freshman year I took Algebra and flunked it (the first and only class I ever flunked...I knew it was due to my horrible teacher).  In my junior year I signed up and took Advanced Algebra and Trigonometry and I was flying through the class.  Everything made total sense!  My mind was clear, as I had ever experienced in my whole life!  In that class I was the number one student.  I had done all the exercises 100 pages ahead of the class!  My mind was working flawlessly...until Oct 1, 1972...the date that will live in infamy (for me).

I experienced numbness in my right side and the stroke had started.  I was admitted that day and spent 4.5 months in the hospital!  I was not expected to survive the first three days since I contracted encephalitis in the hospital at the same!!!!!  (Bastards!) I was in bad enough shape with the stroke to have to deal with encephalitis too! Fortunately I survived it all and I was able to re-join my class in Senior year and finish with them since I was so far ahead...lucky me for preparing! Strange the way life works...isn't it?

Don't ask me if I ever experienced any OBE's then since I certainly knew nothing of them at that time. I did experienced strange time in intensive care for a month trying to recover.  I was a mess.

I had been fascinated in science since second grade (I was a strange kid).  Then I started reading Science Fiction.  That fired up my imagination big time! My paranormal interests began mostly after my hospital stay.  I started reading anything and everything about the unknown.  I tried my luck writing science fiction.  That was fun.  I was told to write my memoirs of the hospital stay.  I was young and never got around to writing them.  I should have.  All was in my mind waiting to be put on paper.  Such is the life of a kid!

I went on to college, then another, then another, then another, over 16 years (working in-between).  Finished with Majors in Math, Science, Pre-Law, Aviation, and minors in Business Management, Computer Science and English Literature.  I was desperate to learn all I could learn!  The paranormal interests stayed with me all along in the background.  I went on to get all the Amatuer Radio licenses (got my Novice at 16, my parents gave it to me the second day I went to the hospital...it came in the mail!) from Novice to Amatuer Extra.  I achieved Federal Certification as an aviation mechanic which was a phenominal feat in itself.  I later achieved computer certifications: A+, Network +, MCP, CCNA certs.  Yes, I think I survived the stroke...I was very lucky.  

I got involved in brain/mind re-education deeply and contacted the John-David Learning Institute and purchased some of their products like the "Brain/Mind Expansive Intensive" to help in the re-circuiting of my mind.  This has been used successfully with brain-damaged soldiers and others that need rehabilitation due to damage to neural pathways.  I have   many other titles such as "Brain Speak", the "Ultra-Intelligence" series, "Whole Brain Reading", then "Photo Reading" and "Genius Code" from the folks at Learning Strategies.

These have helped me tremendously and still are helping me today.  I am no genius but I was very determined to rehabilitate myself since nobody else had any interest in the task.  My sheer determination had kept me going all these years.  My '2000 book library' is loaded with plenty of topics that would make some people drool.  I explore the coolest science I can get my hands on.  The cooler, the better!

My trains might not ALL be in order quite yet...  Thus I am working with the "Brain/Mind Expansive Intensive" once again to get my mind in tip-top shape.  (The tape set is better since it has instructions for use but the cd set is more durable.)  It is said it is able to re-write the neural pathways.  It's strange in the beginning as the pathways are re-written.  It seems you are forgetting more often, then a few weeks into the program thoughts come faster and faster.

This material (OBE's) is the latest of my past interests, reborn.  As I said earlier, you peaked my interests once again and now I am ready to explore again with renewed vigor!

There was a reason I mentioned my swimming experiences in high school!  I am sure you have heard of Win Wenger, Ph.D.  He wrote the book, "The Einstein Factor".  Take note!!!  This book gave me the reasoning behind my astonishing scholastic achievement during my first month of junior year in swimming class.  Check out Chapter 11-called the, "Oxygen Factor".  This presents extremely powerful information with which can greatly increase brain function in ways that nothing else can!!!
It finally makes sense!  

Another book, "Brain States" by Tom Kenyon, M.A. speaks of breathing exercises, and other methods very effective for increasing intelligence, creativity and language abilities.

I cannot stop wanting to learn more and more!!!  There are too many cool things to learn!  What I am facing is the epitome of all coolness...lucid dreaming and OBE's.  This is my next part in my intellectual (and maybe my spiritual) evolution.  

A few notes about what I have written thus far.  The stroke was not brought on by my underwater exploits!  Or maybe it was.  I have a congenital condition, which is very, very rare called 'disfibrinogenemia' which is the most likely cause of my stroke.  Not underwater swimming!  

I expect anyone reading this to do yourself a huge favor and look into breathing exercises.  The brain works on O2.  Swimming is one of the easiest ways to do the excercises and is fun, as well.  My phenomenal improvement only took less than one month!  No drugs, just fun!  Look into the books, SERIOUSLY!!!!!  Especially "The Einstein Factor".  Amazing stuff.

Who knows what this can do for paranormal enhancement/education and activities?

I guess I caught the writing bug, like the Beemaster!   Sorry...

P.S.  I just proof-read this mess and, no, I have no financial interest in the products I mentioned.  They are simply the best I have come across in my lifetime, so far, and I wanted to share.

Questor:
I am 2/3rds through "The Secret of the Soul" by William Buhlman.  WOW!
What a collection of information about OBE's, spiritual encounters, consciousness evolution and plenty more.  There are step by step directions of how to do it all and how to direct your consciousness in the proper direction toward your own ultimate spiritual elightenment.

I have read various books on OBE's and astral travel and this one takes the cake!  This one has plenty of background on OBE's and loads of experiences from thousands of people which took a survey on this very subject.  

This forum has, as I mentioned earlier peaked my curiousity something fierce.  I understand so much more on the subject as I can piece together the ideas presented here and combine what I have been reading.  

I am already preparing nightly for my first self-initiated OBE.  Some of you are way ahead of me but I will catch up very soon.  I will be conveying my findings as they develop.  

Wish me luck!

Thanks to all for helping me on my way...this is sooooo interesting!    8)))

Questor:
Hope I didn't scare everyone away telling too much about myself!

I have been truly inspired by the accounts from you, Shredder and Powerpc1 most of all. I am driven to forge forward and have that elusive OBE.

I have been reading in, "The Secret of the Soul" (SS) about the help Mind Machines offer to people when getting to the "state". Well, I just happen to own a Nova Pro from Photosonics. This device is apparently highly touted as being one of the best programmable units existing today.

There are some programs within the ROM that address directly OBE's and also deep meditating techniques. I never noticed them (there are 50 total) until I read the reference in SS. I have more to explore now!

I understand some consider mind machines to be a crutch but I want to experience OBE's as soon as practical. My problem at this early time in my adventures is I fall asleep. I get too relaxed and fall asleep. So much for my conscious awareness! When I awake I have no recollection of anything having happened to me.

I think I might have mentioned earlier, ever since the stroke I rarely recall any dreams. I do dream, I just don't recall most. So my quest continues.

P.S. Beemaster, Just tell me when to shut up until I have something substantive to contribute - any time you want. I'll comply.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BeeMaster reply:

Questor:

DO NOT SHUT UP - please!javascript:emoticon(':oops:')
Embarassed

Life has been busy here and my forum time has been very limited. The one thing I try NOT to do id make the forum a FULL TIME JOB and sometimes with spam-members needing deleting, some posts needing modifying, replying to about 100 emails a day, etc - I get lost in the world of the forum and neglect the truly important things, my wife and sickly mother.

I really enjoyed your last post a lot, and I'll be answering your letter soon with lots of comments - but it seems you already have your mind tuned well. I love OBE talk and not too many people do it, so don't go away.

I'll be at work tonight 3-11pm and I should have time to sit down and write back. What I want to do is start listing some exercises which promote the conscious to leave the body - home spun Tai-Chi exercises, just to show how it feels to experience the physical and conscious at the same time. Then as I gather content, add some photos and build a full section off of my main OBE web-page Smile

So, no one is ignoring you - it has been a tremendous growth time - lots of members have not only joined the forums, but are very active learning about beekeeping at all levels - that is something that I really enjoy to see happen. The activity is amazing when you count the posts and replies, the numbers can be in the hundreds a day now.

I'll do my best to write tonight. I left you with a cliff hanger - the mime I mentioned in the last post of course is Tai-Chi movements to bring out the conscious energy in you. Once you get to play with it, you can recognize it easier later on - that is the first goal in OBE. :oops:  :oops:

Questor:
"Awakening Mind 1, Creating Sound and Light Sessions on Advanced Programmable Mind Machines" by James Mann does a great job helping one with enlightenment when using Mind Machines.  He offers many technique goodies not normally mentioned in the instruction manuals of those machines and helps you get the most out of them.

I just downloaded the pdf after buying the book so I will report on this promising hunk of info as soon as I digest it.  It is 102 pages!

I just finished "The Secret of the Soul".  That book is worth its weight in gold to me.  I will go over the book once again to extract the best parts and compile them.  The techniques are invaluable and are making my journey into uncharted territories much easier to handle.

Summerbee:
OBEs are intriguing, and I've had some experiences that might be termed them, but can they truly be called 'out of body experiences"?  Because the senses that are most easily recalled during an OBE are the five bodily senses - the sensation of vibration (touch), etc...  Some have said that OBE are near death experiences, but I think that the few times that I have felt disconnected with my body, in an alternate state of conciousness (possibly obe), that I was only in a distorted perceptive state of my bodily senses... not entirely disconnected, but removed so that they were not the foremost part of my mind...kind of a state where you are more concerned with the essences of things rather than what they seem to be in a human sense.  

I think the human body is master of one's conciousness only so long as the mind permits it and subscribes to that belief... OBEs may be when the mind subconciously 'rebels' for periods of time to explore a realm that is immeasurable by the five corporeal senses.  Then, when you 'come back', the experience must be translated, and thus we end up with these strange perceptions of vibrations, bright light...

My OBEs have usually been during the period between sleep and waking, when it seems you are somewhere else or doing something in the future... maybe it is then that the mind is freed, however fleetingly, from the constraints of this three-dimensional world, and is free to explore and exist in a state that has no material laws.  

That is my theory...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version